3Community Menu

Cancel Mobile Broadband

SOLVED
MV
Investigator
Investigator

Cancel Mobile Broadband

Hello,

I recently switched to a 5G from Three, and I don't need my mobile broadband anymore.

Can you please cancel my contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@MV aren't the 5G speeds impressive? 

From previous posts, you have 3Unlimited Broadband SIMO. Is that right? If so, we can submit the 30 days notice for cancellation. Send us a PM with your details. full name, broadband number, address, and date of birth.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@MV aren't the 5G speeds impressive? 

From previous posts, you have 3Unlimited Broadband SIMO. Is that right? If so, we can submit the 30 days notice for cancellation. Send us a PM with your details. full name, broadband number, address, and date of birth.

> From previous posts, you have 3Unlimited Broadband SIMO. Is that right?

Yes, that is correct. I sent you a PM. Thanks for your help.

> aren't the 5G speeds impressive?

They are indeed. I can confirm that 5G is much faster than non-5G. Some examples: I used to watch Twitch/YouTube streams in 360p whereas now I can do the same in 720p-1080p quality.

What I observed, though, is that 5G speed drops from 4-5MB/s to 100-200KB/s download speed in the evening. It applies to the following sites:

1) AWS S3 (s3.amazonaws.com);

2) Twitch;

3) YouTube;

Which makes me think that it is mostly related to your network rather than to a specific website.

I understand that probably the load on your network is high in the evening, so that the speed falls off a cliff. However, I would not expect it to differ that much. I have seen it a few times already, but I have not used 5G long enough to draw a definite conclusion that it is a general pattern rather than a coincidence.

I live in Westport, Mayo, and my house is almost at the edge of 5G zone. I can imagine that it might also contribute to the speed fall.

@MV I see your PM, I'll get back there asap.