Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Crazily inconsistent 3G/4G speeds

MarkS
Novice

Crazily inconsistent 3G/4G speeds

My speeds are driving me cracked - today alone I got speed tests varying from 50mb + to 0.1mb

While this might be an extreme example the effect is the same - sometimes I’ve say 5-20mb and then for no obvious reason it’ll drop below 1mb - then back and forth for the day.

Lower speeds are more common than higher.

I’m using an iPhone XR or 7 if that makes any difference
26 REPLIES 26

Mark, i have the same issue as yourself, this is without question an issue with overloaded capacity on the masts. It has ZERO todo with your phone, laptop or anything else and the sooner three actually own up do something the better. 

@markbate @MarkS Hi there. I’ve taken a look and see that both investigations are complete and no faults have been found with the masts in your areas. I get that the speeds you’ve both been receiving are not consistent and not close to what you’ve gotten in the past. You’ve both tried all the troubleshooting steps available and thanks for that. The nature of telecommunications especially mobile broadband and data mean that external factors, like many connections at peak times, can impact your speeds and cause them to vary. This isn’t something we have control over. As much as we'd love to guarantee a consistent signal and speeds, unfortunately, we can't.

So basically tough suck it up is what you are saying. This is nothing todo with identifying a fault with the mast its about capacity and the lack of service you are providing to your customers.  Something I suspect you are well aware of..... Accept that the service is unusable sometimes is basically what you are saying, what other industry would you find where that type of position is acceptable.. unbelievable but predicable response.. please provide me with an address and contact for your complaints department. Email ideally please. 

I'm not having a go at you Laura you are just passing the "company line" on but this is poor show and I wont continue to pay for a service that is partially unusable.

your forum is littered with similar complaints or similar issues from customers.. i will be forwarding a copy of my complaint and evidence to the regulator for comment as well. Perhaps that might get a little more attention.

@markbate I see your PM and I've popped back to you over there 👍

So I just got a text telling me that my "query is resolved"  - how can anyone say that?  I am absolutely not further on, expect even more frustrated at the lack of anything resembling a solution or even a diagnosis of the issue,

I am quite certain that the issue is not my side i.e. my phone - so there is little point in me turning on/off my phone or my personal favourite = turn off 4G on my phone - which is somehow supposed to help me get a 4G signal.

Three seem to be putting al their eggs on 5G and until they get that up and running they don't seem to care about 4G

Kev0
Investigator

There are a lot of 'resolved queries' on here mark. Lots of problems and no solutions. Just 'check our all about broadband coverage's post'. Then after that fails they just mark it as resolved. I too have had this problem for months and got nowhere. I wonder how the people of three would feel if they bought a car. The car then only works sometimes. The garage then tell them that it's not in their control. Sometimes the engine will fail because of humidity and weather and things out of our control. 

Issue resolved.