Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Download speeds for 4G in Donegal town dropped since weekend

SOLVED
Boghopperie
Investigator

Download speeds for 4G in Donegal town dropped since weekend

Hi, I have only had my new b535 router and SIM card since the 24th May and since Friday evening I cannot do anything usable with the broadband as the speeds have dropped from around 20mbps down to 0.5mbps but the upload speeds are still up around 20mbps . Is this a case of my service being throttled as we have 3 kids in the house all on YouTube and gaming and I think that they have gone over the 750Gig limit but the my3 app still says I have 100%. The router is reporting that I have a full 4G signal and I have already been onto customer care and they told me that the network would be refreshed that afternoon and to wait until then but nothing has changed. Does anyone have the same experience and how was it solved. Thanks in advance.
17 REPLIES 17

Having the same issue in Dublin doing speeds of 2mbps to 5mpbs whole of June

Was doing 40mpbs to 80mpbs before hand whatever has gone wrong with service

@SPWR90 Hello there, are we talking about speeds on your phone or broadband? Let me know and we'll go from there 👌

PM sent 👍

thanks for the details. I've checked your area and see that there are works being carried out on 2 masts near you. This is work on 4G. I don't have any info on how long this has been going on. Will you switch off 4G for the moment? 

Will do 👍 are they upgrading masts to 5G cause there is alot construction going on around me, 3 sites are currently being built on

@SPWR90 we're continuing to expand 5G across the country, and I'd love to answer your question directly but I can't. You see, I don't have access to the roll out plans but you can keep an eye on our coverage map 👇

coverage map 

Not a problem just asking a question 😄
5G speeds look impressive tho
One member on forum was hitting 500 mbps

@SPWR90 500 mbps I know right !?  I'm not in a 5G area YET. So I'm even keeping an eye on the coverage map ❤️