Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG658c not providing an internet connection over wi-fi

Pathfinder

HG658c not providing an internet connection over wi-fi

Since today, neither my iPhone 6 or iPhone 7 will connect to wi-fi when I set a manual IP address. Set to automatic the wi-fi works fine but if I change the IP address I get no internet connection. I need to change the IP address because I have 15 devices.

Just to reiterate, this only happened today. Up until today everything was fine – with both iPhones.

I've rebooted the router; restarted both iPhones; confirmed other devices can connect successfully; reset the router; changed the channel several times; toggled encryption types; kicked both iPhones down the hall and torn what little hair I have out. Nothing worked.

7 REPLIES 7
Leader

Re: HG658c not providing an internet connection over wi-fi

Hi there,

Is just the two iPhones? Is your wifi through as well as the iPhones? 

Pathfinder

If you’re asking me if I have internet connection other than via wi-if, yes I have. If you reread my post you’ll see that all works ok if I set IP address to automatic.

##- Please type your reply above
Leader

Is the wifi supplied through Three or just the 2 mobiles? 

Pathfinder

Three landline/broadband, hence the Huawei HG658 router.
Leader

As this is a fixed line account you'll need to get in contact with our fixed line team on 1800 800 002. We don't have access to fixed line account here. They're available until 5.30pm and will be able to get it sorted for you. 

Pathfinder

How about you pin that info on the boards so people will know that straightaway?
Leader

I'll certainly pass this feedback on for you @baldyauldeejit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.