Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Intermittent 4g+ signal Glengad Inishowen Co Donegal mast

Georgie_Boy
Novice

Intermittent 4g+ signal Glengad Inishowen Co Donegal mast

Hi
I’m experiencing an intermittent 4g+ signal at this mast. Using a HUAWEI B525 router with an external aerial. 1000m from mast. Should 4g+ be a constant signal?
9 REPLIES 9
Georgie_Boy
Novice

Site 3_DO0036 Is the mast id
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Georgie_Boy I've moved your post over here to the Broadband section so other members can find it easily. I've taken a look and all appears as it should on that mast. Tell me, when did you start noticing the changes in your speeds? Was it recently or has this been the case since you signed up to our Broadband services? Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hi

I’ve been experiencing this issue on and off for over 12 months now. The speeds are very erratic ranging from 3Mbps to 85Mbps. After 22:30 each evening the speeds drop below 5Mbps to a point where streaming is impossible.

Is there a technical fault on this mast?

Thanks

@Georgie_Boy Have you taken a look at our great All about: Broadband Coverage blog yet? There are some great tips and tricks there. There's also a list of questions at the end, pop me the answers to those along with your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth by PM so I can access your account 👍

@Georgie_Boy , I've been notified that one of your queries went to our automated mailbox. Can you reach out to me directly, by clicking on "send me a PM" that's in my signature here? 

Just a thought, while we don't support external aerials, I'm wondering has it moved out of place?  

Hi

The aerial is omnidirectional with rubber suction feet attached to glass (window) in direct line of sight of the mast. It cannot lose its position. I should be getting a solid 4g+ signal but it’s intermittent.

Thanks

@Georgie_Boy Send us those details requested above (broadband number, full name, address and date of birth) by PM so we can take a look at your exact location and the mast you're connecting to. It may not be the one that's in your line of sight so I'd like to check that if you don't mind? I'll keep an eye out for your PM. 

Hi Laura

Got it sorted. The download Band20 was turned off on my router. I was downloading on Band 3 only. I switched it back on and the downloads are showing 4g+. Band 3 and Band 20 aggregate to give the 4g+.

Thanks

George

@Georgie_Boy Great news and good tip for other members! Thanks for popping on to let us know.