Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Invoice request for a device order and Broadband issues

Wyreth
Investigator

Invoice request for a device order and Broadband issues

I have recently purchased a mobile broadband device -  Huawei B535 - from your store, I have however received no invoice and can't locate it anywhere on the My3 account page. Maybe it's just me not looking in the correct place though, so I am wondering if anyone here can direct me to the proper place 🙂

As for the Broadband issue mentioned in the topic, it's related to speed and reliability.

I have been using your mobile broadband for months now and since the very beginning I have noticed a degraded service, with speeds going from being subpar (~2/3mb) during the day to relatively decent (~15/20mb) during the night.

On top of this, whenever I am using the broadband for any kind of download activity - even during the night - speeds are throttled down to less than 1mb within minutes. This sometimes happens even with streaming services such as Netflix, albeit it's less common.

Broadband signal is strong, and to the best of my knowledge I have a mast close to my location.

If it can be of any help for a comparison, I tried a mobile broadband from two of your competitors and didn't notice any similar issue, speeds have been reaching up to 35/40mb and remained constant during the day (still peaking at night but with little difference compared to the day). I need an unlimited broadband for work reasons and none of the competitors I had a chance to try offer it so switching is not an option.

I have opened a topic regarding this issue in April but received no suggestions and decided to wait some more time to see if the issue was only due to a temporary congestion or problem. Unfortunately despite the time passed nothing has changed and speed continues to be unreliable and throttled as described above.

I am resigned to the fact that probably nothing can be done, but still here I am trying again to look for help and suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Wyreth Hi there, I'd like to help the best I can. You mentioned that you bought the router in the store, I'm guessing you got it as a stand-alone, rather than an upgrade, is that right? If so, you should have received a receipt in the store. 

Regarding your speeds, these can be influenced by many different factors. Have you checked this out? 👉5 Ways to Improve your Mobile Broadband Signal 

Hello @Three_Deborah

I bought the modem in your online store on Three.ie as a stand alone, sorry for not having mentioned this immediately.

I have received an order confirmation and customer agreement form via mail but nothing else. No invoice or receipt was present in the box when I received it.

As for the broadband, I have tried all the steps suggested in the article already but sadly with no improvement 😞

@Wyreth can you pop me a PM with your details? 

I also bought it online some time ago and you can't view even contract online and its impossible also to download it when I asked on chat the only way is to open a ticket to get your contract...(I have not received a copy of it when joining) I also didn't got anything for the router so its common ongoing practice. 

@Pat44  I've received your PM, thanks 😃 I'll take a look at this for you and reply to your PM 👍