Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Lan slower than wifi

RyanMcN
Novice

Lan slower than wifi

Issue is in the title, internet speeds via lan is much slower than wifi. On mobile broadband in Dublin and the best speed over lan was 10mbs but often sits at 5mb. Can I cancel or upgrade my plan?

7 REPLIES 7
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@RyanMcN Hi there, let's take a look at this for you. Tell me, what type of modem are you using? Has there been a change in your speeds lately or have you always noticed this? The more info I have the better, screenshots of speed tests would be awesome. Also, have you taken a look atAll about: Broadband Coverage ? There are some great tips in there, check it out.

Using Huawei B535 as the router. Got this on Saturday and has been consistently bad since setup. Have also tried across multiple devices, different ethernet cables, setting dns servers etc with no improvement.

Don't see a screenshot option either but last night it was 40ms, 2.23 down, 22.23 up on lan

@RyanMcN Pop me a PM with your broadband number, full name, address including Eircode and date of birth so I can take a look at your account and connections, if that's ok with you? If you're posting from your phone, you can change your view to 'Desktop View' in your settings to attach a screenshot 👍

IMG-20210412-WA0006.jpeg

I get an access denied page when trying to DM

@RyanMcN I see your PM now and I'll pop back to you over there, your access level now allows you to send them 👌