Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Non existance internet from 7-12

SOLVED
Dubsy
Investigator

Non existance internet from 7-12

Does this happen to anyone else. During the day and early morning i have download speeds anywhere from 40-50 mbps and as soon as it hits 7 o clock boom i barly has 1mbps. Sometimes is so slow i csnt even do a speed test. Now i have spent 800 euro on a top of the range booster trying to solve this problem and it still is there. Three online chat insist there is nothing wrong and never seem to want to try and help me. I usually get a text a few days after talking to them saying the issue has been resolved when it hasnt so i just have up with them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Dubsy @Kev0 Hi there. Sounds like you’ve both had investigations ran into your areas as your recent speeds are not close to what you got before. Investigations are opened to figure out if something was happening with the mast you connect to. If there’s no fault found there's nothing our engineers can do with regards to the mast. The amount of data users in your area at a specific time can impact your speeds. This is an external factor that we have no control over. As much as we'd like to guarantee a consistent signal and speeds, unfortunately, we can't.

@Kev0 as we’ve chatted before I know you’ve completed all the relevant troubleshooting steps, thanks for that and I’m sorry they didn’t work.

@Dubsy Talk me through the steps you’ve completed so far? Have you had a look at All about: Broadband Coverage?

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Kev0
Investigator

Yes it's been happening to me since the 5g rollout. 4g speeds do exactly as you describe. I have been through all the hoops with 'support' and they will do nothing to fix the problem. Unfortunately a lot of us can't get 5g yet so we just have to suffer and wait.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Dubsy @Kev0 Hi there. Sounds like you’ve both had investigations ran into your areas as your recent speeds are not close to what you got before. Investigations are opened to figure out if something was happening with the mast you connect to. If there’s no fault found there's nothing our engineers can do with regards to the mast. The amount of data users in your area at a specific time can impact your speeds. This is an external factor that we have no control over. As much as we'd like to guarantee a consistent signal and speeds, unfortunately, we can't.

@Kev0 as we’ve chatted before I know you’ve completed all the relevant troubleshooting steps, thanks for that and I’m sorry they didn’t work.

@Dubsy Talk me through the steps you’ve completed so far? Have you had a look at All about: Broadband Coverage?

Hi thanks for the response. I don't have 3g reception currently where i am so 4g is my only option. I tried resetting the device many times and was brought into some settings with the help of online chat before but nothing helped. Also tried new routers which also didnt help. Its just strange how my speeds can be so fast outside peak hours and then not work during congested hours. At least now i have an answer as to what the problem is. Just one nore thing. Is there any way to change what mast im connected to as i know the one im connected to is the other side of my county even though there is a mast 8-9 miles away from me ok the side of a mountain?

@Dubsy Good morning 👋 Have you tried moving the router to different parts of the house and pointing it in different directions based on the location of the mast you wish to connect to? If not, give that a try 👌

Ok so what i did was got a router that can connect to 3g and 4g. I switched to 3g 24/7 and this router can pick up the signal where my phone can't. Internet is usually a constant 20 mbps which is decent for me. Yere 4g network is way to overcrowded

@Dubsy Thanks for reporting back. It's always good to read what steps have worked for members 👌

Shum
Novice

Had the same issues, when i brought home my router first few months didnt have any problems, then it got slow when more than 1 device was connected (if you call it home broadband i would expect to be able to use more than one device), especially around 7am and then mid day and then again around 7 to 9 in the evenings. It got so bad that if you wanted to play music on youtube while doing anything else the music got choppy and whatever you else was unusable (1k-5k ms latency in games, pages loading 5 mins and ending up not loading at all).

I tried a  bunch of stuff, nothing worked. during mid November was getting a bad connection so i went into router settings and tried changing stuff around again, swaped to 3g and it worked, download speed was nothing good, but at least it seemed good enough to be passable.

Which brings me to late april early may.. broadband is unusable for any streaming in the evenings/mornings doesnt matter if 3g or 4g. 

I guess they oversold what ever hardware can handle and ''masts are working perfectly'' while we are stuck with bad connections.

Dubsy
Investigator

Ya so the past I'd say 2 months there 3g and 4g have been brilliant. My 3g was a never under 20mbps and my 4g at time was 80mbps. Now once again I have downloaded in 3g of best 2mbps and my 4g is so unstable that I lose connection altogether. Like for real this is a joke now. It's not congestion as the past few months were fine and then bang internet "rubbish" all of a sudden

*post edited by Mod click here 

@Shum @Dubsy It's not great when your speeds are dipping 😞 What areas are you both in? Not the specific address, just the general areas. Once I know this I'll check for alarms on the masts around there. Also, have you both had a look at All about: Broadband Coverage and the tips and tricks in there?