Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Non existance internet from 7-12

SOLVED
Dubsy
Investigator

Non existance internet from 7-12

Does this happen to anyone else. During the day and early morning i have download speeds anywhere from 40-50 mbps and as soon as it hits 7 o clock boom i barly has 1mbps. Sometimes is so slow i csnt even do a speed test. Now i have spent 800 euro on a top of the range booster trying to solve this problem and it still is there. Three online chat insist there is nothing wrong and never seem to want to try and help me. I usually get a text a few days after talking to them saying the issue has been resolved when it hasnt so i just have up with them.
23 REPLIES 23

I'm in louisburgh Co mayo
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Dubsy I've taken a look and all appears as it should there. Have you gone through the tips and tricks in the article? If so, let me know how you got on. There are some questions in there too, let me know the answers to those and we'll go from there.

newcastle co dublin for me

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Shum All looks good there too. Let me know the answers to those questions in the article I tagged above to get the ball rolling 👍

was using 3g since november and connection was good for my needs did not notice any slow downs or anything now i cant even watch anyone streaming their desktop latency goes up to 5k ms at this point it does not matter if im using 3g or 4g the same thing happens.

i have wifi turned of as i am using wired connection and wanted to be certain its not some of other devices doing downloads.

If im trying to load two pages at one i sometimes lose connection  all together 

sim is around 14 months old, and my computer is up to date hardware wise and its working properly..

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Shum Thanks for getting back to me and for that info. There are some more questions in the article, I've copied them below, let me know the answers to those too. The more info I have the better.

• Are your friends and neighbours experiencing this too? 
  • When did you start noticing this? 
  • How many bars of coverage do you see, and what letter is beside them? ie, 3G, 3G+, H, H+, 4G or 4G+ 
  • Is your broadband connection worse at particular times of day or week? 
  • What type of router are you using and how old is your SIM card? 
  • Can you do random speed tests at different times of the day? We recommend Ookla. 

dont know anyone else who uses three around me

it started happening at the end of april it isnt as bas as it was last year but i rather stop this happening before it gets to that point

4 bars 3 at the minimum

it is bad at around 6 to 8 in the morning and around the same time in the evenings

its huawei b525s-23a and the sim is around 14 months old

can do mornings and evening, cant do middle of the day as im sleeping due to working nights

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Shum Take some screenshots of those speed tests over the weekend and send them over to me. Also, pop me a PM with your broadband number, full name, address (including Eircode) and date of birth so I can take a look at your account and connections if that's ok with you? 

Well i would take screenshots, but the issue is internet is so bad i cant even run a test, it crashes during one of the phases...

I seem to be in the same boat. For 2018, 2019 and 2020 until they added more frequencies and adjusted the network for load I had reliable 4g. Since mid 2020 I've had to use 3g only and that has given me a steady 5 - 15 mbps download. Now that is dropping to .5 - 5 at best and 4g still a write off.

Can I pm you some details Laura?