Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Overcharged for broadband (750GB SIM only package)

Kevin12345

Overcharged for broadband (750GB SIM only package)

Hi,

I recently bought a sim card for three broadnand which was advertised as 29.99 per month as described here:https://www.three.ie/shop/broadband/sim-only-broadband-plans.html

After getting my first bill I see that it's actually 35.79 due to VAT. I have complained via webchat to three that this was misleading but they aren't interested. Looking at their T&Cs there is no mention of this price not including VAT: https://www.three.ie/legal/terms/thr...oadband-plans/

Also, when I go through the process again it clearly states that VAT is included in the price (see image).

Can you please fix this issue as it was clearly advertised (and still is) for 29.99.

Best,

Kevin

Screenshot 2020-05-14 at 10.27.30.png

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Kevin12345 Thanks and welcome to the Community. Your first bill is always slightly higher, this is because you are charged for about 4 days from sign up to your billing cycle date, then charged for a month in advance. In saying this, I'd expect your first bill to be around €32/3 inclusive of VAT. Are you set up for direct debit? 

I have had the same problem. I bought the simcard for broadband, and also have 3 bill pay for my mobile phone at 30e per month so was expecting my bills to be 6pe per month but got a bill for 85e!! 

Could this be amended or explained please.

Thank you

Niamh

*60euro

Hi Niamh, if this is your first bill since setting up your broadband account it will be slightly higher than normal as you're charged pro-rata. If you log into your My3 account & check out this month's bill you'll see there are two charges for your broadband service one that covers your full month's allowance & a second charge that covers up to the first 6 days of usage from when the account was set up. For more details check out our 3MadeEasy article All About: Your First Bill.