Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Poor broadband

amoc62
Investigator

Poor broadband

Hi, can anyone advise me please? I've got home broadband with three for which I pay €29.99 per month. It was fine up until Xmas, when we became unable to stream movies due to poor signal. It's now become much more of a problem as the kids are needing broadband for home school and I need to sort this. I just received a replacement sim, but that's made no difference, I checked the signal to the router, and that is changing every 30 seconds or so ( perhaps that's usual, I don't know! ) I've typed in 192.168.8.1 and the signal to my router varies between 0bps, 726 bps, 1.6 Mps, 20 kps, 17.5kps, 416 bps and 672 bps over any given 5 minutes or so. Ive tried making contact with three but after holding for about an hour on two occasions the call dropped so I really don't know where to turn. I'm sure you can tell I'm not at all technical, I just don't want my kids to fall any further behind their classmates by not being able to do online learning. What can I do? The router we have is a huawei B525. I've had it over a year, and am no longer in contract with three. Should I buy a better router on the open market? Strange that our internet worked until a few months back. I can't believe I'm still paying €30 per mont, yet I'm contacting the kids' school to ask if they can post us the school tests as we don't have internet access to do the tests online!! I'd be really grateful for any advice. Thanks for reading.
3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@amoc62 Home-schooling is very stressful and I'd like to help regarding the broadband signal. Variable speeds are an everyday factor for mobile broadband on any network. There are several elements that can affect your signal strength and speed. The first thing I'd like to do is check your area for coverage. Can you send me a PM with your EirCode or address? Might be best to send me on your full name, broadband number and your date of birth too 👍

Hi, I'm really sorry but I don't know how to PM you! When I hit the "send a PM " it brings me to a page I can't type on! Can you let me know what I need to do, thank you.

@amoc62 We see you in PM 👍 A Mod here will get back to you shortly.