Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Poor internet performance on broadband

Coh2012
Novice

Poor internet performance on broadband

Are they issues with the service today 23/04/2020 in Ireland? Trying to do video calls and the sound is dropping off and picture freezing! It has been ok all week but not a brilliant connect. I am right beside the router so should be a brilliant connection. I have also kicked everyone off the internet. I have unlimited broadband. Are there issues in the Cavan/ Meath border? Thank you
11 REPLIES 11
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Coh2012 thanks for trying all those steps. I'm guessing you've also restarted your router. Let me know how your service is today 👍 

Hi,
Yes it was restarted. We also used the reset button. It made the connect worse!! It is better today but then on the video call had a smaller number of people on it so less data traffic. What can be done if this happens again? Thank you for getting back to me.
Thanks,

Where is your router located? Upstairs /downstairs

Hmm!! It is upstairs and we live on a hill. So should have brilliant coverage. Was there any issues with your network 23rd of April?
Thanks,

Sounds like your good, can you see the mast from the room that the router is?
Daft question but is it definatley a three mast?
Install opensignal on your phone and it will confirm

Hi, I have the same issue this morning as does my wife and Neighbours. Do you know if there is any issues in the Monaghan/Cavan area?

@mickoo Hi there, is this on your broadband and phones? Are calls affected too? Let me know. 

Hi Deborah,

It was Phones and BB, Since yesterday now it seem back and it looks like outside I can get 4G+! which is great with very good speeds. 

Should my Three BB Router the Huawei B252s be capable of picking up this 4g+ signal or do I need to make any changes as it is still quite slow

Michael

@mickoo Hi there, delighted that everything is back up and running 😊 I'm guessing there was a little typo though, do you have the B525? If so, yes it's capable of picking up 4G as long as that signal is available indoors in your area 👍