Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Purchase 5g router

SOLVED
nilimanseo
Investigator

Purchase 5g router

Hui,

The coverage map for 5g says I am not covered so I am unable to purchase the 5g router online.

However, my (Three) 5g phone shows I have full bar 5G coverage and am getting great download speeds.

Is it possible for me to go purchase the 5g router and sign up to the broadband deal in shop even if the coverage map says no cover? 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Thats a pity - the map shows that I am in a small square with no coverage but I'm getting perfect 5g service on my phone.

Maybe I'll just buy a router on amazon and get a 5g sim.

thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@nilimanseo Hi there and welcome 👋 The map needs to show that you are in an area that's covered by 5G Broadband before we can sell you the broadband either online or in-store. When you check your address on our Coverage Checker what do you see? 

Thats a pity - the map shows that I am in a small square with no coverage but I'm getting perfect 5g service on my phone.

Maybe I'll just buy a router on amazon and get a 5g sim.

thanks anyway.

nilimanseo
Investigator

Hello, I got 5G recently and am now setup. How do I cancel my 4g broadband plan? I think I have to give some period of notice also?

thanks

Hi there, @nilimanseo I'm able to help you with this, Can you send me your 4G broadband number via PM? I'll also need your full name, address and date of birth. Once I get into your account I can advise of the next steps on this thread 👍

Am logged in but I get the error below when I try to send you a PM. Any ideas?

Access Denied
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.

PM sent, thanks

@nilimanseo, I see your PM and have your account details. I'm able to request the cancellation for you. I've sent you back a PM to confirm the right number. I'll keep an eye out for you 👀