Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Registration Failed

SOLVED
GTR
Novice
Novice

Registration Failed

Since an hour or so I have not been able to use the internet. I tried resetting it and still no luck. Now, it is showing registration failed while I check to connect to the internet. It's super frustrating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Hi all,

We're aware that some customers on our network were experiencing difficulties with their services yesterday. I linked in with our tech team first thing this morning and the good news is that the root cause was found and services restored. Can you, if you haven't done it already, restart your phone/router and wait a minute or two for full service? 

@gijoe50000 @GTR @billbond4 @mben 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
mben
Investigator

Similar here. I've tried contacting three but their 1913 service disconnects after a few minutes holding with a strange message - "I'm sorry, but were experiencing service difficulties". There's no chat service available either. Not good enough.

gijoe50000
Investigator

Yep, same here. Finally came back about 5 o' clock and was a bit glitchy for a few minutes, then went down again, then back to normal after another few minutes.

I thought it was something to do with the system time on the router, which is an hour behind. But apparently not.

Probably just a glitch at 3. 

Mobile data issues with 3 at the moment

Yes, it's still been pretty bad all day, but working. mostly.

3 data is almost always bad when people aren't at work or asleep.

I'm getting between 0-2Mbps today, but it's pretty normal for a Sunday.

Hi all,

We're aware that some customers on our network were experiencing difficulties with their services yesterday. I linked in with our tech team first thing this morning and the good news is that the root cause was found and services restored. Can you, if you haven't done it already, restart your phone/router and wait a minute or two for full service? 

@gijoe50000 @GTR @billbond4 @mben 

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi , Can someone please help me with this issue.
On Monday night 07.09.2020 my internet (and phone,tesco mobile 3) went down, I thought it would probably be back the next day,waited and waited, nothing came back. So on Thursday the 10.09.2020 I rang customer services and was told that the 4g mast was down in my area . The internet eventually came back for a brief peirod on Fiday 11.09 ..it was only edge and very slow, the phone came back working fine . I contacted three on Saturday 12.09 and was told they would do a reset and that by the evening it should be back to normal...but it wasn't. On Sunday 13.09 I contacted 3 again and was told there were no problems in my area and to get my dongle checked at the 3 shop... I got an upgrade, a new sim a couple of months ago for the dongle.
3g never came back....it seems to be blocked...Internet is still very slow with a limited service.. ..some pages won't open they just hang.
I can't seem to get a connection any better then EDGE 3 (2G) and its the only network available.
Previously I was able to connect to the 3G network with dongle.
What happened to 3G?.
So....4 days without phone or internet completely and a very patchy limited service since.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 18.09.2020 email sent to three.
Edge..I can't seem to get a connection any better then EDGE 3 (2G) and its the only network available since the 07.09.2020

--------------------------------------------

Tuesday 22,09.2020 email sent.
As i have not had a reply to my previous email sent on Friday the 18th September 2020,I'm re-sending this email in case it was not received.
Edge seems to be dropping of the network list now too but does come back for a while when I swap usb ports. This limited internet service has been going on for over 3 weeks to date,I have kept a record,
I would ring up but I have to repeat my story every time i ring back and while the staff are as helpful as they can be, they each give a different reason as to why there are issues and my issue still doesn't get solved. Still having problems.
Would it be fair to say, I am not getting the service i paid for?... As I cannot use it to do what i need to do also, my time is being wasted trying to get on the internet as well as trying to get the issue resolved.
Edge ..still very slow with a limited service

Kind regards
Martina

*personal details edited by Mod

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi , Can someone please help me with this issue.
On Monday night 07.09.2020 my internet (and phone,Tesco mobile 3) went down, I thought it would probably be back the next day,waited and waited, nothing came back.

So on Thursday the 10.09.2020 I rang customer services and was told that the 4g mast was down in my area . The internet eventually came back for a brief period on Friday 11.09 ..it was only edge and very slow, the phone came back working fine . I contacted three on Saturday 12.09 and was told they would do a reset and that by the evening it should be back to normal...but it wasn't. On Sunday 13.09 I contacted 3 again and was told there were no problems in my area and to get my dongle checked at the 3 shop... I got an upgrade, a new sim a couple of months ago for the dongle.
3g never came back....it seems to be blocked...Internet is still very slow with a limited service.. ..some pages won't open they just hang.
I can't seem to get a connection any better then EDGE 3 (2G) and its the only network available.
Previously I was able to connect to the 3G network with dongle.
What happened to 3G?.
So....4 days without phone or internet completely and a very patchy limited service since.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 18.09.2020 email sent to three.
Edge..I can't seem to get a connection any better then EDGE 3 (2G) and its the only network available since the 07.09.2020

--------------------------------------------

Tuesday 22,09.2020 email sent.
As i have not had a reply to my previous email sent on Friday the 18th September 2020,I'm re-sending this email in case it was not received.
Edge seems to be dropping off the network list now too but does come back for a while when I swap usb ports. This limited internet service has been going on for over 3 weeks to date, I have kept a record.
I would ring up but I have to repeat my story every time i ring back and while the staff are as helpful as they can be, they each give a different reason as to why there are issues and my issue still doesn't get solved. Still having problems.
Would it be fair to say, I am not getting the service i paid for?... As I cannot use it to do what i need to do also, my time is being wasted trying to get on the internet as well as trying to get the issue resolved.
Edge ..still very slow with a limited service

Kind regards
Martina 

*personal details edited by Mod

@martina3 Good morning Martina, I've had a read of your public post and would like to help you. First, I've removed your personal details as being a public forum they were visible to everyone. Can you tell me where you see Edge displayed ? Is it on your phone or the router homepage? Have you had a look at our 3MadeEasy blog about Broadband coverage? Have a look click here and let me know if you've you've done anything on the checklist. 

Hi Deborah, Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry i meant to remove personal details before sending. Edge shows up on the bottom left hand corner of mobile partner page I use a dongle. On the drop down network list, it shows as 3 (2g) already highlighted. 3(3g) used to be that list as well but not any more since 07.09.2020. I can't see anything on the list 3 made easy that i can try, I don't understand some of the steps or if they apply to a dongle. typing in urls and opening a page at the moment can be hit or miss or time out. I tried just now the broadband coverage page it opens in three.ie and says page not found.
I hope this makes sense.
Regards
Martina 3