Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Registration Failed

SOLVED
GTR
Novice
Novice

Registration Failed

Since an hour or so I have not been able to use the internet. I tried resetting it and still no luck. Now, it is showing registration failed while I check to connect to the internet. It's super frustrating.
16 REPLIES 16

@martina3 Thanks for trying. Do you have the model of the dongle you have? Is it like a USB stick or for want of a better description, does it look like a bar of soap with a cable? Many of them aren't compatible with our upgraded masts. Let me know, we may have to pop into PM 👍

Hi Deborah, Yes I have a dongle -usb stick E160g Huawai.
Thanks
Martina

@martina3 Wowzer, I haven't heard that model number in a very long while. Okay, what might be happening here is that your local mast/masts have been updated with new equipment to bring them in line with the latest technology. This might mean that your dongle might need to be updated or replaced. Do you see anything in the high link that is indicating that there is a software update available? Will you send me a PM with your details - full name, address and date of birth, pop in your broadband number too? 

—-

I have the same problem today. Really important day for work & now offline! So frustrating.

Try to set your connection to 3G

@HMary , did you try what @billbond4 suggested? Let me know if that worked 👍