Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Speed Issues

Garydonegal2
Investigator

Speed Issues

Hi,

(Please move if this is the wrong area)

For approx 10 days I have been experiencing intermittent issues with data speeds.  I've been using the service for a number of years and never had an issue up until now.  Hoping someone can help.

Timings of the issue is sporadic but mostly happens in the evening time. Speeds can drop to non existent 0 Kbps or can be 20+ Mbps. As I type this Im sitting at about 7 Mbps which is more than adequate for WFH that I need it to be.  Just 10 minutes ago it was 70 Kbps.  

I have tried all of the restarts, resets, changing to 3G etc but nothing seems to fix this.  I have 2 sim cards and have experienced this on both.  I feel like I've tried everything but I do not think the issue is on my side. 

Please help! 

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Garydonegal2 You're on the right board, thanks for asking about that. Also I appreciate that you've down many troubleshooting steps already. Next thing is to check the masts in your area to see if there are other reports regarding data speeds. Can you tell me the name of the general area you're in, not the county 😊  as it will help me narrow down the local masts? 

Thanks for checking Deborah.

I'm in Killygordon/Convoy area. I can PM eircode if that helps

@Garydonegal2  Hi there, I've checked masts in the area and everything seems to be up and running. So, yes, send me your EirCode in PM, please. It'd be great if you send me your account details too, that way I'll be able to check which mast you tend to connect to in the area.

This is yet to be Solved BTW, please un mark, thanks. Tonight I am getting the epic speed of 3kbps

@Garydonegal2 Hi there, I've unmarked the accepted solution 👍 I also see your PM so I'll pop back to you over there regarding your coverage 👌