Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Three paying Premium SMS provider scammers

Dennis_Burke
Investigator

Three paying Premium SMS provider scammers

I have just been the victim of what appears to be a common issue for three customers, that is the charging for Premium SMS services that the customer may not be aware they signed up for.

Our broadband router phone number was charged up to 100+ euro in Feb and Mar 2020.  Luckily it was noticed so it was notified to Three and they put a stop  on the five digit number number.

I was directed then to a company, named PFI I think but its one of these very annonymous companies which calls itself a "are the billing platform provider and not the content provider that has charged you"

They in turn put me in touch with Red27Mobile, some equally annoymous crowd based in the UK but possibly owned by Dutch company etc etc etc

In this case I sent two "strongly worded" emails.  I am awaiting a refund.

I am writing this message to ask for other who have had this happen to voice their concerns, and to ask Three this:

Why do you continue to facilitate the payment of monies to companys that consistantly appear to be taking money without the customers express knowledge?  Why is there not a more robust system in place to allow your customers know immediatly when they have been charged by these types of five digit spam services.

A search on google for Red27mobile shows a lot of irate people who have been caught in this way.

Can three please advise publically on this situation.

0 REPLIES 0