Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to receive 5G Signal on Samsung S10 5g SM-G977B

HarryC
Investigator

Unable to receive 5G Signal on Samsung S10 5g SM-G977B

I have purchased the 5G add on for my account and enabled it on my phone but in still unable to to receive 5G. I have tried it in Dublin city centre. I am wondering if its a compatibility issue between threes 5G network and my phone?
The phone is a Samsung S10 5G model number SM-G977B.
3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@HarryC Morning 👋 I've checked with our devices team for you and Samsung S10 5G is currently unsupported. The good news is, we're working on this with Samsung and will have 5G capabilities for your phone type as soon as possible. ( I don't have a time frame)

Hi again, 5g connectivity started working earlier this month when I installed the early June update but a subsequent update last week has stopped it working. Is there a reason for this? Is there any possibility to roll my phone back to the early June firmware?

@HarryC Hi there and thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure if we can rollback any firmware updates on your phone but I want to check why you don't have 5G on your phone. Are you trying it in Dublin City centre like last time or are you in a different location?