Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

can't order 5G broadband...

Neko
Investigator

can't order 5G broadband...

On coverage map, i am in "covered" area and my phone, oneplus nord, can use 5G with 3 at great speed (500 - 250M down, about 10 - 30M up).  However, no one in 3 can sell me the 5Gbroadband device because 3's computer system says i can't (no coverage).

Is there any way i can get the 5G broadband plan???

I was testing speed and reception within the house and i get good result in the place where i plan to have the device...  if i could order one... 😞

Screenshot_20210331-093055.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Neko 'Morning, those speeds are very good 💪 From what you are saying here, I'm guessing you've used our coverage map here 👉 5G coverage . When you were talking to our Customer Care, did you mention that your address shows up on the coverage map? Can you tell me was it 1913 or the messaging team you were talking to?  Oh and do you have a Billpay or Prepay plan on your phone? 

here's my situation.

I do not have billpay plan with 3.  I got 3 prepay sim with 5G to test this out with my phone (so yes, i currently have prepay plan).  Assuming that i have good number (which i do), i wanted to get 5G broadband plan.  This is where the plan went wrong.  Web site for buying 5Gbroadband asks for my Eir code and it tells me that i am not in coverage area.  I also talked to store folks etc and they say i can't get it because their computer also says not covered.

The link you gave me for coverage goes to 5Gbroadband coverage and that comes back "no" (as in not in coverage area).  But on https://www.three.ie/coverage-checker/ page (map), i am in the area (though on edge on that map).

@Neko I can't promise anything except that I will check this out for you with a colleague of mine. Will you send me your address/eircode by PM. Will you also send me your 3Paypay number? I'll keep an eye out for you 👁

thx but i get access denied for sending PM... ?

@Three_Deborah   thx but still this...  i even logout/log back in.

Neko_0-1617709545855.png

@Neko I've made some adjustments there. Can you try once more? 

@Three_Deborah   thx again but still getting the same problem.

Neko
Investigator

@Three_Deborah ah.  i just did it again and seems to work.  i will send the info.  thx