Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

can't order 5G broadband...

Neko
Investigator

can't order 5G broadband...

On coverage map, i am in "covered" area and my phone, oneplus nord, can use 5G with 3 at great speed (500 - 250M down, about 10 - 30M up).  However, no one in 3 can sell me the 5Gbroadband device because 3's computer system says i can't (no coverage).

Is there any way i can get the 5G broadband plan???

I was testing speed and reception within the house and i get good result in the place where i plan to have the device...  if i could order one... 😞

Screenshot_20210331-093055.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

@Neko Good morning Neko, coming back here to let you know that I'm working with the relevant teams to get more information about your query. It might be another while before I have something solid, but I will come back to you 💪

thx for the update...  🙂

Neko
Investigator

@Three_Deborah 

I have yet to hear back from anyone.  Do you have any update that you can share??

@Neko Hi there, no update as of yet. We're continuing to look into this for you 👍 I won't forget about you.

@Neko, popping back here to let you know that I'm in contact on a regular basis with the team that is investigating this. I don't have any definite answers or solutions but I'll keep following this up.

Thanks for your patience.

@Three_Deborah   just checking...  is there any movement on this problem ??

@Neko hello there, I wasn't going to leave you in suspense 😉

Can you pop your EirCode in here . It's the link for the coverage checker in our online shop. I've taken a look and the result is that the 5G Pro is available for use in your area 💪

Can you confirm that you get the same result? 

@Three_Deborah   thx..  yes it does but only for "expert install" and not self-install.  Why do i not have self-install option?  that was the whole reason why i have tested with my 5G phone inside the house to make sure i have good reception etc.

simon4
Investigator

I am based in a location where it shows up as being in a 5g area.

When I go to purchase 5g BB the system tells me I'm only suitable for 4g bb.

I have a Samsung s20 and am able to pull 5g on this in my home.

Why am I unable to order the 5g BB?

Please help and thanks

@Neko I don't have the answer, but I'll keep searching for one for you. @simon4 please send me a PM with your EirCode and I'll add your example to this investigation. It'd be great if you could send a screenshot of your phone's 5G speeds 💪