Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

"Broadband" turned to crapband

CasaP
Investigator

"Broadband" turned to crapband

Up until last week we were getting a steady 18down/18up for nearly 6 months. Now we are lucky to get 1.2down/2up. I have two AYCE sims, one here at home, one as a backup in the office. I have a top-up sim in my iPad, my wife's 3 plan & my 3 plan. Total 5 monthly payments!!

Up until now I was very happy with 3, and would often recommend it to friends / clients etc.

Now it is useless.

The issue is at home, nothing changed on our end, still pointing at the same cell tower, just a case of you guys "fixing" something that broke everything.

Using a Mikrotik LTE Kit6, connected to Cell ID 240391 (Ballincollig Cork) / Band 20 (6300/475) with CA Band 3 (1700/13). I have clear line of sight to the tower, maybe 2k away.

These two cells are s h i t e. even checked at 3am / 4am / 5am / 6am. Speeds are crap.

Using cell lock does nothing.

Smells like over subscription, but a drop of this magnitude is pretty drastic. Can we get a tech who knows what they are doing to look at this.

I borrowed a vodafone SIM and get 25down/14up in the same setup, pointing slightly due North (not line of sight to the cell tower, but obvious signal is bouncing).

It would be a massive PIA to move / cancel all of my 3 subs to get what was working fine 2 weeks ago back. But this is were I am right now mentally, I am getting angry every time I try to "use" the internet.

Please sort this mess out.

1 REPLY 1
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@CasaP Good morning! I get your frustration, it's a pain when your speeds aren't great. I've checked out your general area and there are no alarms on the masts nearby so all appears as it should there. We don't sell Microtik routers so I can't support you there, did you get a router or modem from us when you got your Broadband SIM cards? Let me know