Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3G not working after 2 new replacement SIM cards in 24 hours

SOLVED
F3rgz0d3
Investigator

3G not working after 2 new replacement SIM cards in 24 hours

URGENT - the 3G phone signal has either been deactivated or a batch of newly issued Prepay/PAYG SIM cards are faulty and won't accept the 3G signal. I got a replacement SIM card yesterday and now after testing everything with store assistants, resetting network settings, numerous restarts and reconnections and swaps to other unlocked phones and 2nd replacement SIM. I can confirm there's a MAJOR issue which I have to report. I have tested older SIM and the 3G/4G is working as expected on older SIMS. I can only confirm the issue with Prepay and not with BILL PAY newly issued SIM cards.

Please note 4G signal is working on the new SIM but 3G is of great importance to my line of work, especially during the COVID19 crisis. Now I've was told smartly, well use 4G and of course, I would if the signal was strong enough and uploads/downloads were sufficient, but that is not the case and 3G does travel farther than 4G. I like many are IT minded and I have to comment that the uneducated unwilling support at THREE since these new updates has not been a pleasant experience and I will be looking to move to another network if this does not get looked at seriously.

Can THREE please look verify, test and confirm the issue is active. Three Ireland and whoever runs or makes the BIG decisions have caused people such problem in the last few months with these scheduled updates and upgrades especially during the COVID19 crisis, it's quite stressful and depressing, to be honest.

Also, a call out to other forum community members who are recent PAYG/Prepay customers who recently got a new or replacement SIM, could they please test and check if this is an issue.  ***Problem discovered June 17th 2020***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
F3rgz0d3
Investigator

Issue appears to be resolved 18th June 2020. Strange one though, how a SIM card can get locked out of the 3G signal. Anyway back to work.

Thank you all in the background who got this sorted.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
F3rgz0d3
Investigator

Issue appears to be resolved 18th June 2020. Strange one though, how a SIM card can get locked out of the 3G signal. Anyway back to work.

Thank you all in the background who got this sorted.
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@F3rgz0d3  Hi there 👋 thanks for taking the time to share so much detail. What you're describing is a strange one that I personally haven't come across before. To get a better understanding I want to ask you a few more questions. Have you manually selected '3G Only' and what device are you using? Does this happen everywhere or just in certain locations? Is it just since you got the SIM replacement yesterday that you've been experiencing this? Let me know and we'll go from there 👍 

@F3rgz0d3  You got in there just before me 😃 Glad to hear that it's working for you now and thanks for letting us know 👍

KimHowell_
Novice

I’m having the same issue and no one seems to know what is wrong. How did you get this resolved / who did you contact? Thank you!

Hi @KimHowell_, it seems to get resolved after making some noise about the matter. No harm to re-report the issue if it's still continuing for you after a few days.

Thanks a million I finally got some help after referring to this thread! 😃