Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cannot register on Eircell

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot register on Eircell

I am using an old Nokia with an O2 SIM card. This has worked for several years without any problem.

However my phone is now only picking up a signal from Eircell although there are other providers in the area. e.g. Vodaphone, O2 and Three.

If I click on Eircell to register I get an error message “No Access”.

How can I get my phone working again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Anonymous I've checked 2G coverage in that area and it's showing as available. There is an issue with the mast nearby which is being worked on so it could be impacting 2G service right now. It could be why your phone isn't picking up the service. What are you selecting in your settings for network mode - 2G/3G also known as GSM/WCDMA  Is there a GSM or 2G option only? From what I can see we may need to wait until the mast is up and running fully before we look into this further. I can pop back when it's sorted and we can see how yor service is on the Nokia phone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Supertrooper,

I haven't heard Eircell being mentioned in very long time! How long have you had the SIM card and the Nokia. By the sounds of it you just need a new SIM card which you can get free of charge in your nearest Three store 😃 You can see your nearest store here http://bit.ly/2D8YxAu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joolz,

Actually I went along to the Three store in Skibbereen today, and the helpful agent there installed a new SIM card.

When I got home I tried to connect but only got a signal from “Eircell”, but when trying to register the error message was “No Network”.

What I don’t understand is why other networks and especially the Three network are not showing up as providers when scanning bearing in mind I have the latest Three SIM card).

1) Can it be that there is no signal anymore where I live (postal code is P81HW72)?

2) There is no 2G signal anymore where I live?

3) My old Nokia has been deprecated?

Something has changed since last year because the old Nokia worked perfectly. It was only when I returned home last week that I noticed I couldn’t connect anymore.

Today in a Skibbereen I got a Vidaphone signal, which proves that the Nokia phone still works - but not here out in the sticks!

Please advise.

@Anonymous I've checked 2G coverage in that area and it's showing as available. There is an issue with the mast nearby which is being worked on so it could be impacting 2G service right now. It could be why your phone isn't picking up the service. What are you selecting in your settings for network mode - 2G/3G also known as GSM/WCDMA  Is there a GSM or 2G option only? From what I can see we may need to wait until the mast is up and running fully before we look into this further. I can pop back when it's sorted and we can see how yor service is on the Nokia phone.