cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to billpay from prepay

SOLVED
Navigator

Switching to billpay from prepay

Hi there, I have arranged for my son who is currently with three, to go from prepay to billpay.  He is due to be active from 8.00 am tomorrow morning.  With this package I received a new iPhone 6 but he will not be using this phone at the minute as his iPhone 5s is in perfect condition and will not be giving the new phone to him for a while.  I am presuming that I need to activate the new SIM?  I wasn't advised of this when chatting to a customer service representative online yesterday and there is nothing to say that I need to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
3 Staff

Re: Switching to billpay from prepay

You'll be asked for 2 confirmation number's when moving the number. One will be sent to the old SIM, another to the new one. Once you've entered these you can pop the new SIM in your phone. 

15 REPLIES
3 Moderator

Hi @RiverRock, is he keeping his Prepay number? He will need to pop in the new SIM that came with the new iPhone as this will be set up with the new bill pay account 👍

Navigator

Hi there, yes he is keeping his prepay number.  Is that all he needs to do?  No activation required?

3 Moderator

If he is keeping his prepay number he will need to move it to the new bill pay SIM. Is the Bill pay SIM in your name and would the prepay SIM be in his own name do you know? 

Navigator

Bill pay SIM defo in my name and almost 100% certain prepay in his name

3 Moderator

Thanks for that @RiverRock, as both accounts are in different names, to get his number moved we will need to speak to both of you when performing the swap. 

The best way to possibly do this is when both of you're available to call our care team on 1913 or 083 333 3333. 

Navigator

Oh really?  Wasn't aware of that..................... can this be done this evening even though he is not due to be switched over until tomorrow morning?

3 Moderator

Have you received the bill pay SIM? Just to be sure is he on the Prepay data All You Can Eat plan do you know?

Did you set up the bill pay account as new also? 

Navigator

Yes I have received the bill pay SIM. No not on prepay data all you can eat and bill pay account is new.

Would it be easier if I called into local Three shop?

3 Moderator

If he is on one of our legacy Prepay plans then he won't need to do the above he will just need to port his number to the new bill account.

Is this something you may have requested when setting up the new account?  If you can PM me the details I can check exactly what you need to do 👍