Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

€2 Daily Pass for Legacy Plans

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

€2 Daily Pass for Legacy Plans

Hello 3Community,

We have some customers who are on legacy plans that do not include All You Can Eat Data. When data usage is detected the €2 Daily Pass is activated. This €2 is for usage of up to 200MB per day and usage over 200MB is charged at €1.01 per MB. 

Here on 3Community our members have switched off mobile data and followed the checklist below;

1. All mobile data off
  2. Wifi Assist and iCloud and Google sync/similar is off
  3. Push notifications are switched off
  4. GPS location switched off
  5. No MMS sent or received
  6. No long SMS ( wrapped to MMS send/receive)
  7. Automatic updates switched off
  8. Turn off background app refresh
  9. No external devices linked to your phone ( MiBand, FitBit, Smartwatch)
  10. No subscription text that contains bitly links

If you have received notification of this charge, let us know the time, date, and amount of data used, along with the type of phone you are using. Please comment below.

85 REPLIES 85
HDPS
Investigator

Hi,

Over the past months, I've had 9 days on which I received a text that the €2/day data charges had been applied.

However, on 4 of these 9 days (today it happened again), those charges were made twice on that day, mostly every time with 20-30 minutes difference, see below.

Would you be able to find out how that double charge on one and the same day is possible and, more importantly, refund me 4x €2.

The double day-charges occurred here:

DateTime
20/08/2009:37
20/08/2009:01
23/06/2010:00
23/06/2009:33
09/05/2009:23
09/05/2009:04
15/03/2014:23
15/03/2014:23

Looking forward to hear back from you, and get the requested refund (total € 8,00).

Kind regards,

Johannes (Hans) Peeters

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@HDPS Hi there 👋 Firstly, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'd like to take a look at this for you. Tell me, how much data was used after the first charge was applied? Also, can you send me a screenshot of the charges in your My3 account (blocking out any personal information of course 😁)

Hi,

no problem, it was a weekend.

Thanks for the reply.
Here are 3 screenshots, covering the 4 instances of the double charges, on the dates as mentioned in my original

Reply edited, as originally inserted image was WAY too small to read.

I hope you can do something with it.

Kind regards,

Johannes (Hans) Peeters

HDPS
Investigator

Hi,
Interesting, even though my preview showed the 3 images, now they don't show.

I will now try to send them to you in a PM

Thanks,

Johannes (Hans) Peeters

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@HDPS Good morning 🌞 I see your PM with the images so I'll pop back to you over there shortly 😃

Hi all,

This has been solved with the help of Laur and Deborah, who mentioned it might be charges on 2 subsequent days, but where the SMS (for whatever reason) is sent on the same day.

As I had no clue where to look, Deborah explained to go to "Top Used Allowances - View Events" and then chose "Data" to see when data was used. I never knew that was possible, so, thanks !

It turned out the 2 SMS with the charges sent on the 20th, was actually 1 charge from 18:03 hr on the 19th, and 1 charge from 00:00:16 hr on the 20th.

I accept that the other instances of "double" charges will show similar, but have not found a way to go back further than what is shown in the "Data" screen.

I only have 1 "request" to Three, Please send the SMS's on Data, the same as normal SMS: instantly, and not with 9 - 15 hours delays.

Thanks again for the help.

Now I only need to find out which /&%$-program connects every 2 hours on 1 specific day for 1 kB packets, and then keeps still for weeks, but that's for me.

Kind regards,

Hans

@HDPS Hello there, have you been charged for data lately? did you ever figure out which programme might be causing a connection?

pauls
Investigator

Hi, changed to a new phone on Saturday and web/roaming/wifi are all off. I've got msgs saying I'm getting the above charge and it's taking money off my credit. How can I stop this? I have not been on web at all and never use it on a mobile. Phone is Nokia 2720flip. Can I also have this money refunded?

@pauls thanks for sharing your experience. You might have seen other posts in relation to this charge. Can you tell me the times and the amount of data that was used? You'll find this info on My3.