Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

€2 daily data charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

€2 daily data charge

Recently, my account was being charged €2 each day for data even though  I was not using my phone for internet access.

I was not informed of this charge in advance and I consider it to be stealing because you took in the region of €20 from my account without my having been informed in advance and I had not agreed to such charges.

You daily message did not say how to turn off this charge and there was no way either to do so online.

This is very poor service and a rip-off.

9 REPLIES 9
Three_Shauna
Developer

@Anonymous thanks for getting in touch. These charges are daily charges for 500 MB for data. If your plan/data add on has expired you would be charged €2 daily. If you don't use data I'd recommend switching off all your data settings on your phone so that you don't incur these charges going forward. 

Three_Rachel
3 Mod Retired

@Anonymous Have you still been charged for the daily rate since you reached out here? If so let me know as I'd like to check it out for you further. You can pop me a PM and I'll take a look at your account then. Thanks'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your email.
I sorted it by a setting on my phone which I use just as a phone, never for
internet access or any data applications.

But I am very annoyed that, out of the blue, I was being robbed of €2 per
day for something that I had never signed up for.

Worse, is that there are no hints on your main website for solving this
problem. We have to go to Community to see how others have also had the
problem.

Not a happy customer anymore.

@Anonymous can you PM me your details as I'd like to look into these charges further for you? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just got charged €2 yesterday for the exact same thing. And I wasnt aware of this as I dont use mobile data on my phone 

Thanks,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Is your mobile data on in your network settings or have you sent any long SMS/MMS or Emojis with your SMS. If you have it on or if you have sent any of those texts then for them to be sent your phone uses the data. What type of phone have you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using a huawei, my mobile data is not switched on
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a PM to the mods and they can check it for you but as far as I'm aware there's no charge if data wasn't used by your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sorted my problem by goint to Settings ->More ->Mobile Networks ->Network
Mode -> GSM only (choose GSM only).
On another phone it was sorted by chooseing G2 only form choices such as
G4, G3 etc.
Also, turn off WIFI and disable Data in your Mobile Network settings.
Hope thi