Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

2€ data charge. APN blank. Data off.Nothing on recent usage?

Anonymous
Not applicable

2€ data charge. APN blank. Data off.Nothing on recent usage?

Hi, I got a text yesterday to say my daily pass has been activated, but I have data off and APN is deliberately blank to avoid data charges. I cant see any data usage on my account yesterday or anytime in April. So why am I getting this 2€ charge????
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I see now 0.7kb usage on last page of usage. I just don't know where this usage comes from, with data off and apn not set to three apn. No recent data is shown on the phones usage meter.

@Anonymous Hi there, by any chance, do you have WI-FI assist switched on? If it is, when the signal on WI-FI weakens, mobile data kicks in to maintain the connection. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's called adaptive wifi on my phone and its switched off. I really can't understand what happened. I wasnt even using the phone when the text message came in to tell me I'd been charged. Like I say I deliberately put in a wrong apn to avoid data usage.

@Anonymous very strange that this happened when all the options in your settings were off  🤔 I'd like to check out your account, can you PM me your number, full name, address, and date of birth, please? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Three_Susan have sent on details

Thanks @Anonymous I've got back to your PM now 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened again on Wednesday for some reason. Data saver on... mobile data off

Samsung S8... very frustrating to be charged so much for nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable

My plan is three essential... the 2€ charge was middle of night for 0.35kb

07/08/19  03:4400.35KB

I topped up by 20€ recently... 

@Anonymous Thanks for the update and I will have this investigated for you. I've replied to your PM this morning.