Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

SOLVED
Saturn
Investigator

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

I've previously used my 3 credit balance to pay for items through the Google Play store. Following prior problems, I had thought the issues were resolved but yet again, despite having credit balance, the 3 payment method has been rejected by Three/Google, at first due to exceeding the payment limit (€60 pm I believe) , which I haven't exceeded not nearly, but upon repeated attempts, the reason given was 'payment method declined'. This issue occurred after the recent update of systems and is yet another annoying and frustrating error that prevents me from using my credit balance. It is unacceptable, and if 3 advertises that we keep our credit then they should ensure that we are able to spend it using what was a valid and convenient service via Google Play Store. I noticed that others have the same issue yet haven't found any solution or explanation on behalf of three.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Saturn
Investigator

**Update on this issue:**

I deleted the 3 billing method from G-pay and then added it back through Google play store app/ payment methods. Tried this a few times over the last few days, then tried renting a movie, didn't work until now, so I guess they have done something in response to @Three_Deborah raising the issue. No confimation text from 3 though regarding the purchase, so it's still buggy. Anyway it worked this time so thanks @Three_Deborah and all who replied.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51

The limit for monthly pay by mobile spend appears to be 30 euros for three billing not the daily limit. Is this a technical issue or an unpublished policy?

eirocky
Novice

Hi,

I'm having some issues making a purchase on the Google Play Store using my Prepaid Phone credit. 

The purchase is small, €3.49, I have plenty of balance to cover the purchase and it is my first purchase today, but the payment is unsuccessful and it tells me "You have exceeded the spend limit. See three.ie for terms".

I've been able to make purchases large than this before, anyone have an idea why this on in particular is failing?  

I have hit the actual upper limit on these transactions before but I'm not sure what is the actual upper limit on these transaction amounts, and is there any way to increase it?

Thanks,

Richard

Im also having the exact same problem and I have spent zero in the play store the past 2 months so its an issue with 3. Spent 40 minutes on chat being told it was my fault, before they just disconnected me when i asked what is the actual reason, so wouldnt waste your time. However if you do get a fix please let me know. thanks

I am facing the same issue as RS1010, can you please confirm the limits and if is there an issue happening?

Exact same issue here as well... I've been using thisnfor about 2 or 3 years now without any issues until now

morde
Novice

I am having the same issue. On April 30 2020 I was last able to use the credit on the Play Store as normal, but since yesterday I keep getting payments declined, even though I definitely didn't reach the spend limit. I contacted Three support and they ended up just telling me to contact Google. I will try to do that today, but I found really weird that they redirected me there, considering this seems to keep happening to many people.

selfbuilder
Investigator

Is there a problem with 3 carrier billing at the moment.  I am unable to purchase something on the Google Play store since the weekend using carrier billing.  How can I get this fixed?

Thanks.

Is there even any Three employees here?  What's the point of this forum if it's not monitored or responded to!  

morde
Novice

I just talked to Google support, they confirmed the problem is on the Three side, since it's the provider that is denying these payments. I also asked Google to contact Three directly about this issue, but they won't do it. I have a receipt from Google that states this outcome, so I will contact Three again and ask them to investigate further. I will add updates as soon as I talk to them.