Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

SOLVED
Saturn
Investigator

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

I've previously used my 3 credit balance to pay for items through the Google Play store. Following prior problems, I had thought the issues were resolved but yet again, despite having credit balance, the 3 payment method has been rejected by Three/Google, at first due to exceeding the payment limit (€60 pm I believe) , which I haven't exceeded not nearly, but upon repeated attempts, the reason given was 'payment method declined'. This issue occurred after the recent update of systems and is yet another annoying and frustrating error that prevents me from using my credit balance. It is unacceptable, and if 3 advertises that we keep our credit then they should ensure that we are able to spend it using what was a valid and convenient service via Google Play Store. I noticed that others have the same issue yet haven't found any solution or explanation on behalf of three.
51 REPLIES 51

I read in the terms & conditions that the payment limit is €60 per month.

Thanks, any updates welcome, although given their disinterest in prior
posts about this issue, don't hold your breath. On the old forum they
accepted responsibility for payment problems and sorted it out, strange
that they won't now.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.three.ie

My prior payment issues with 3 billing were accepted by ans acted upon by 3. As others have stated, Google can't help as they say 3 is declining the payment requests but if you find out differently, id be surprised but keen to know.

Well in my case that’s certainly not the issue. When I top up by €20 a month I typically immediately buy a movie or an audiobook from the Play Store. So last month I would have spent around €20 and today I’m just trying to spend €4 and even that’s failing

Good question, the old forum had employees there to help, isn't this an essential service during Covid-19 lockdown? We'll see.

Appreciate that. I too will write to 3 today and post any help that's available. In the face of any lack of help, I might consider contacting the ombudsman https://www.comreg.ie/

Same for me, it's simply not working even for small amounts.

I read in the terms & conditions that the spending limit is €60 per month.

There certainly is a major problem. It's not working.

Hi all,

I became aware of this today, and the sooner I have examples to pass on to our tech team the better👌 I've checked our PM's with the other Mods for your details. For anyone that hasn't sent these on to us, please do.

I need your full name, number, address, and date of birth. This is so I can access your account and pass your info to our tech team. In your PM, please give the name of the app(s) you were purchasing, the amount and the date & approximate time. I'll keep an eye out for each of you and get the ball rolling with this investigation 💪

I've moved some of your posts to this section, solely to keep everyone experiencing this in the one place and to keep you all informed.

@Saturn @DannyTheKing @morde @eirocky @selfbuilder @RS1010 @07686331 @Gmayr