Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

SOLVED
Saturn
Investigator

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

I've previously used my 3 credit balance to pay for items through the Google Play store. Following prior problems, I had thought the issues were resolved but yet again, despite having credit balance, the 3 payment method has been rejected by Three/Google, at first due to exceeding the payment limit (€60 pm I believe) , which I haven't exceeded not nearly, but upon repeated attempts, the reason given was 'payment method declined'. This issue occurred after the recent update of systems and is yet another annoying and frustrating error that prevents me from using my credit balance. It is unacceptable, and if 3 advertises that we keep our credit then they should ensure that we are able to spend it using what was a valid and convenient service via Google Play Store. I noticed that others have the same issue yet haven't found any solution or explanation on behalf of three.
51 REPLIES 51

Yes I'm having the same problem as well on google play store can't buy anything on it you might let people know three wants going on that we can't purchase anything on Google play

Yeah exact same problem here, hope they resolve the issue soon

Also failing.

Doesnt seem to be migration related:

24th April Google Play Music €9.99

25th April Google One €1.99

----------------------------------

29th April - Account Migrated

----------------------------------
24th May Google Play Music €9.99

25th May, 16:04 - Google One Declined

26th May - Test purchase of a game for €1 declined 

Balance is currently ~30€ and 4 days left until my next topup. Its almost like Three have an outstanding bill with Google....

Hard to say, other than the migration to new logins was longer than 24th-28th, and my problem arose after changing login, part of the systems upgrade. Also, the usual confirmation text following top-up didn't happen for me, maybe that's the same system that processes payments to Google Play for example.

You should contact @Three_Deborah who was very helpful on the old forum with 3 billing problems, and is compiling a list of people affected whilst looking into a solution.

Hi everyone,

I want to thank all of you for sending me your examples 💪 I don't need more but watch this space if you've experienced the same thing.

Also, popping back to assure you that I haven't forgotten about this and I've passed the details given to me in PM onto the relevant team, who are investigating this. I'm keeping an eye on this and looping in with the team on a regular basis. As soon as I have info, I'll come straight back here.

Thanks again

3Community Mods

Thank you

Thanks @Three_Deborah,
Any estimate as to a likely timescale from them?

Payment just went through by itself. 

Email from google.

Text from google.

Text from three. 

Saturn
Investigator

**Update on this issue:**

I deleted the 3 billing method from G-pay and then added it back through Google play store app/ payment methods. Tried this a few times over the last few days, then tried renting a movie, didn't work until now, so I guess they have done something in response to @Three_Deborah raising the issue. No confimation text from 3 though regarding the purchase, so it's still buggy. Anyway it worked this time so thanks @Three_Deborah and all who replied.

Can confirm the payments are working for me now also, without needing to remove/re-add the payment option.

Thanks for your help @Three_Deborah !