Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

SOLVED
Saturn
Investigator

3 Billing not working with Google Play Store AGAIN!

I've previously used my 3 credit balance to pay for items through the Google Play store. Following prior problems, I had thought the issues were resolved but yet again, despite having credit balance, the 3 payment method has been rejected by Three/Google, at first due to exceeding the payment limit (€60 pm I believe) , which I haven't exceeded not nearly, but upon repeated attempts, the reason given was 'payment method declined'. This issue occurred after the recent update of systems and is yet another annoying and frustrating error that prevents me from using my credit balance. It is unacceptable, and if 3 advertises that we keep our credit then they should ensure that we are able to spend it using what was a valid and convenient service via Google Play Store. I noticed that others have the same issue yet haven't found any solution or explanation on behalf of three.
51 REPLIES 51

👍great

Working for me as well. Happy days!

All is working again for me too 👍👍

Strange thing is that my YouTube subscription went through eventually but I am still unable to buy or rent a movie on the Google play store using 3 carrier payment. It comes up as unavailable and is looking for me to add another payment method. @Three_Deborah 

Delete the 3 billing Ph number from G-pay via a browser, then add it again
via Google Play Store/payment methods. That worked for me anyhow.

Thanks it's working again.

How do you do this. When I try to re add the payment option it only gives option to use a credit/debit card. How to add three billing to Google play in 2021?? @Three_Deborah

You need to go to the Play store app, then settings, then payment options. There you can add your 3 number as a payment option. Hope that helps.

Tried that but there's no option for adding my three number. Only cards.

Screenshot examples https://imgur.com/a/XGaTAgK

The screenshot you attached shows you trying to add it via G-pay. As mentioned in my previous response, you need to add it via the Play store App.