Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

3 Customer Service is a Joke

RubaDubDub
Novice

3 Customer Service is a Joke

I moved onto Pre-pay a month ago from bill pay. I was supposed to be put onto the 20 euro plan. My first top up, I bought in the shop when I should have topped up online. In less than 5 minutes, ten euro of credit was gone. I rang up because how do you use that much data in less than 5 minutes? 

Not one person would accept that this does not seem right at all. While I was talking to customer service they realised that I hadn't been put on the plan that I was supposed to be. They raised a ticket to get me put on the twenty euro plan, which has been reduced to ten euro until October. I was told that I was now on the twenty euro plan and that I needed to just top up every month by 10 euro until October. I topped up 10 euro and got my unlimited data for the month. I just let the ten euro that disappeared ago. I just wanted to get it sorted.

Now for the past month, when I log in to my account, I've been seeing that I'm on the twenty euro plan. This morning I top up ten euro again, nothing, no data, nada. I get in contact with customer support, they tell me that I'm not on the 20 euro plan and that they've put me on the 20 euro plan and now I need to top up 20 euro? Not even a word about the 10 euro I topped up by this morning. It's only supposed to be 10 until October.

I ring 1913. The agent first says that I was on the 15 euro plan and that I was told when the ticket was raised that I was on the 15 euro plan and that I was told I would have to contact Three at a later stage to get on the 20 euro plan. Why would I agree to that? I was told that I was on the 20 euro plan. I spent 45 mins on the phone with the agent and the story then changes to that I was on the 15 euro plan and that it was changed by me?

I asked to speak to a supervisor because at this stage the agent is gaslighting me, telling me that if she and the other agent (who told me I was on the fifteen euro plan and would need to get it changed later to the twenty euro plan) are telling me something then it must be me who is wrong. At the end of all this, she just sent me a link to the customer contact form.

At this stage, I just want to switch to another network. People make mistakes, I understand this, but as a customer, I think that I deserve better than this.

8 REPLIES 8
Darren1980
Investigator

I jumped ship from Meteor when I sensed it was crumbling Now I'll be doing the same and going to Vodafone. Three stole my money, refused to let me cancel the contract within 14 days, deleted my post when I complained, they refuse to refund me even though they are fully obliged to do so under law. Then I was refused their address when I asked for it to start legal proceedings. 

Cowboys Ted, they have zero respect for consumer rights and the law

I'm going to do the same myself. I was just looking at their reviews on
Trust pilot there. 92% 1 star. These are not isolated incidents. I saw
many similar issues like yours and mine.

Yeah Meteor started off stealing credit and it was a slippery slope. It's a shame because prior to this year I've been happy with Three for about 10 years, I recommended all my family and church group to sign up but since I showed them screenshot evidence of chats that prove Three are unashamedly anti Christian they are leaving too.

zandaz99
Investigator

I don't even know how to get support online, their support chat is now entirely a bot with no way to access a human. Finding a forum that I could actually post in has been very confusing, and they haven't responded to my question today.

Keep saying I need an agent

@RubaDubDub Hi there, thanks for taking the time to post all the details of your account. Any of your Three Mods are happy to help you, all that is needed is a shout out to us in your post. See here for a list of your Three Moderators 👉 click here  . Can you send me a PM directly with your full name, address and date of birth? Plus your mobile number?

@zandaz99 I see your post was answered by one of our Mods click here . Perhaps you didn't see it? Let me know if you followed the links 👍

Perhaps I figured it out already on my own without help... eventually. Why is the support chat now bots? Thanks but I've made my decision to switch to Vodafone. Perhaps you can help me with that?

*edited by Mod