Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Addresses in order confirmation email garbled- any ideas?

SOLVED
Chrysanth
Connector

Addresses in order confirmation email garbled- any ideas?

Spouse ordered a new phone from Three yesterday (Friday) after 4pm (on prepay, so I guess despatch on Monday for delivery Tuesday).  I was sure we'd entered the complete delivery and billing addresses while ordering (identical, as is our habit), but his order confirmation email has both delivery and billing addresses incomplete, and in different ways (liable to send the phone off to NI or somewhere/fail the card authentication).

We checked in My3 and found his addresses there also incomplete, and in yet another way.  We corrected them there (making them identical, as is our habit when buying stuff).  Maybe something got lost on the way to the new My3.

But maybe it's too late for this order?  The only relevant question I can find in these forums got the answer that no address can be changed from one given while ordering.

I think the Mods are off at the weekend, but guess I might as well try a PM now, just in case it helps!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Chrysanth I'm happy to take a look at this for you. Pop me a PM with your order number along with the phone number, full name, the correct address and date of birth so I can access your account and order 👍

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Chrysanth I'm happy to take a look at this for you. Pop me a PM with your order number along with the phone number, full name, the correct address and date of birth so I can access your account and order 👍

Thanks, PM sent

Amother PM sent just now (with more detail).

No rush for despatch (more important to get the address  correct first!).

@Chrysanth I've popped back to your PM 😊

Thank you Laura - the phone arrived on Tuesday, thanks to your help with the address! I couldn't post this earlier because of a problem with the website (another topic).

We haven't had time yet to set it up, but so far so good. It''s refreshing that Doro's kept the button controls basically the same as the 6-year-old one (If it ain't broke…). And that it's almost as compact as the old one (despite a larger screen).

It's a simple setup, judging from the last one, though we may just need to ask Three to remove its data capability, as they did with the old one (if its 2G-only switch has similarly been disabled). Or maybe the setting Three did is in the SIM, and will move with it from old to new phone?

@Chrysanth Good morning and you're very welcome, I'm delighted you're happy with your new Doro! When Three removed the data capability it would have been removed from your SIM so no need to worry about removing it from your new phone 😊

That's handy - thanks again Laura!