Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can't make or receive calls.

SOLVED
Loughlin
Investigator

Can't make or receive calls.

For some reason my phone cannot make or receive calls. I tried doing a factory reset but that did not solve the problem at all. I can still send and receive texts and use mobile data though. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Loughlin Hi there, I've been investigating this for you and I've also checked that 4G/LTE is provisioned on your account, which it is. I'm leaning towards a fault with your phone, rather than your SIM or network. The reason I saw this is there are no reported alarms on masts in your location plus your SIM works in your old phone. Everything is set up correctly on your Three mobile account. My suggestion here, and I know I mentioned it in PM, is to check if your phone is within warranty and get it checked out that way. Sorry I couldn't help more.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Laughlin this is a strange one.

Can you tell me when you first noticed you couldn't make or receive calls? What type of phone do you have? Was it factory reset for sure, as all your data would have needed to be backed up? I'd always recommend a network reset first.

Last question for now, do you know which prepay plan you have? 

It's been going on for months. Sometimes it will work if I am connected to
a bluetooth device. I tried altering the permissions on my bluetooth
devices but that didn't stop bluetooth being required to solve this issue.
My phone model is a Samsung Galaxy A21S.

I am on the prepay €20 plan.

@Loughlin that is very strange indeed! Over the last few months have you had a chance to try your SIM in a different phone? This will help eliminate if it's SIM or handset related. I'll be honest and say I don't reckon this is coverage related as from your posts I get the impression that this is something you experience in many areas 🤔 Let me know if I'm wrong on that one 

I just tried my sim in my old phone. Had no problem at all. I did a network
reset on my current phone and tried making a call. It didn't work.

On my My3 account it also says that my device is a legacy device but the
IMEI number for my account does not match the IMEI number of my current
phone. Could that be causing any problems?

@Loughlin that's an interesting idea regarding the mismatch of IMEIs but it wouldn't result in not being able to make or receive calls. Because your SIM works in another phone it does sound like calls are blocked on a device level and for some reason a factory reset didn't remove this 🤔

Will you pop me a PM, please? I want to look at your account and other settings from this side. I need your full name, number, address and date of birth. Throw in the IMEI too, for good measure 😉

I tried to send a PM but link says Access Denied

@Loughlin Hi there, I've been investigating this for you and I've also checked that 4G/LTE is provisioned on your account, which it is. I'm leaning towards a fault with your phone, rather than your SIM or network. The reason I saw this is there are no reported alarms on masts in your location plus your SIM works in your old phone. Everything is set up correctly on your Three mobile account. My suggestion here, and I know I mentioned it in PM, is to check if your phone is within warranty and get it checked out that way. Sorry I couldn't help more.