Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can't sens / receive SMS

mirek190
Investigator

Can't sens / receive SMS

I cannot send or receive SMS.

That happened some time ago and discovered recently 

I tried my SIM card in 2 different phones - the same result, can't send or receive SMS.

The strangest is if someone is trying to send me SMS that person is getting error ( SMS not sent ) but can sent to someone else without any problem.  

15 REPLIES 15
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@mirek190 Good morning, thanks for all the info here. 

I need to ask more questions; when was the last time you were able to send/receive a text? What sort of phone do you have? Are you sending an SMS to a variety of mobile numbers and what error are you getting on your phone?

Hello

It stated more or less 3 - 4 weeks ago I think .
I'm not sending often SMS but recently I had to.

I can't sent SMS to ANYONE and ANY NUMBER .
Also not receiving ANY SMS.... everything else works like voice and internet.

I tried my SIM card on the few phones .
Samsung S10 , note 3 and Xiaomi mi max 3.

Still can't send or receive SMS.

On friend's SIM card I can send and receive SMS .

@mirek190 Hi there, I've one more question before I get you to send in your details by PM so we can have this looked into by our tech team. What is the message/service centre number on your phone? You'll find this in your text message settings 👌

I have SMS centre - +353830000800

One more thing ...if someone trying to send me SMS then also that person is getting error "SMS failed to sent"... people getting error on their phones if trying sending SMS to me ....

*edit by Mod

@mirek190 Ok, the next thing I need to do is send your details to our tech team so they can look into this for you. Pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth to get the ball rolling 👌

done ...

I have the same issue. How did you get this resolved?

Could be an incorrect SMSC configured on your phone.

What phone type do you have?

Hi, 

I have a pixel 3A. This is only a recent issue though.