Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cannot Activate new SIM

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Activate new SIM

Hello, I've recently upgraded to a new phone which requires a nano-SIM, so I went to a 3 Store and picked up a new replacement SIM. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time activating it.

I tried entering new details and I recieved an email to tell me that "the SIM type does not support this type of request". I registered an account and then entered my details during activation only to be told that "the information you provided us with does not match what we have on our system".

My SIM is an old O2 SIM - this might have something to do with it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Caroline
3 Mod Retired

Hi AF1293 👋 Welcome to the community! The new Three SIMs ICCID starts with 8935305 and the legacy SIMs start with 8935302. If you check the SIM for either of those numbers then you'll know if you're holding a SIM with the 8935305 instead of 8935302 then it's the wrong type of SIM and won't work. It's important when aking for a free SIM replacement in store that you let them know what type of plan you're on or give them your number so they can check to make sure you are given the right SIM. 

SIM replacements will only go through successfully if all of the information given on the SIM Activation form here https://www.three.ie/activate-my-sim/ matches the information registered on your My3 account. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Three_Caroline
3 Mod Retired

Hi AF1293 👋 Welcome to the community! The new Three SIMs ICCID starts with 8935305 and the legacy SIMs start with 8935302. If you check the SIM for either of those numbers then you'll know if you're holding a SIM with the 8935305 instead of 8935302 then it's the wrong type of SIM and won't work. It's important when aking for a free SIM replacement in store that you let them know what type of plan you're on or give them your number so they can check to make sure you are given the right SIM. 

SIM replacements will only go through successfully if all of the information given on the SIM Activation form here https://www.three.ie/activate-my-sim/ matches the information registered on your My3 account.