Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cannot log into My3 or reset password

Murdee
Investigator

Cannot log into My3 or reset password

I'm posting this on behalf of someone else, because as the title says they can't log in.

I know this is in the Prepay section but for some reason the My3 section of the forum is closed to new topics and full of outdated/useless information, when I go to chat to "support" I'm put through to a "support bot" with nothing but irrelevant, pre-written answers that are already on the website, and when I ring 1913 I'm told they can't help with My3 and to ask the community, seemingly oblivious to the fact that I can't do that because I CAN'T LOG IN.

Anyway, I usually log into My3 to send group webtexts and barring the occasional 3 days of maintenance here and there, I can log in and send them fine. Until earlier today when I'm told my password is no longer relevant. So I attempt to change my password which is of course impossible because it will no longer allow me to log in. So I select "forgot password" from the options and put my mobile number in. I get the verification code sent to my phone, and when I go to put it in, it's not accepted and I get a message at the top "You have been logged out due to inactivity". Eh. I was never logged in.

So now I'm caught in this loop where it won't accept my old password, won't let me change it to a new one, and even though I got the chirpy "you've been upgraded, your username is now your e-mail address" message, yet when I try to use that I'm told "user not found."

Can someone, preferably human, please help me with this? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Lusesita30
Investigator

Hello . I have the same problem with my account. I chat with operator from Three.ie and they say the same thinks to me about login back to my accout . An assistant from the Three.ie can't me help because they have any" updaty " . After updaty their page I can do uprage and login back to my account . And if you can't still login to your app Three.ie you try delete from your phone and dowloand again to your phone and you will be see your account and your details

We're happy to here. @Murdee you mentioned that the My3 topic in our Prepay board is closed to new comments. I've just checked and it's open. So I'm wondering if you've had a look at this one?

👉 My3 Questions Board for Prepay or maybe it was a 3MadeEasy blog. Let me know 😊 Can you both have a look and see if there is something there to help you?

If you are continuing to get this "loop" please send one of your Mods a PM with all your details  👉 full name, number, address, and date of birth. 

@Murdee @Lusesita30 

Hi @Three_Deborah thanks for the reply.

I tried again today to reset the password, and this time after inputting the verification code it actually accepted it and allowed me to change the password. So I have successfully reset it, however upon logging in it now says:

"Account Locked

Your account is currently locked. This is because you have exceeded maximum number of invalid login attempts.
Please contact Three Customer Care who will be able to unlock your account."

I have attempted to send you a PM on the matter but am getting the following message :

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

The last PM I sent was in 2017! Can you reset this so I can PM you the details?

@Murdee Thanks a million for the update. I'll look into the PM error you are getting, as some members here have mentioned it before.  Can you try sending me a PM again? If you get the same error let me know.

3Community Mods are happy to help you and reach out to the relevant teams on your behalf. Yet I must ask, have you contacted Customer Care to unlock your account? How to contact Three