Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cant receive any text messages from the banks and government

Kanak
Investigator

Cant receive any text messages from the banks and government

Hi, 

I am abroad right now the text messages were working fine a week back but now I cant receive any text messages from the bank and government websites. Please look into this matter.

23 REPLIES 23

Not really a solution per se. You raise a ticket with the help desk and wait about a week for them to fix it.

Even then, it starts to work sporadically over this time, i.e. works for some banks but not PayPal. Then another day passes and PayPal starts to work again but Apple iMessage remains a problem.

It was finally fixed after 8 days but without ANY explanation just their weird delight that it was resolved. Almost like making their customers disappointed then fixing their issue should be considered to be a great piece of work. I’d prefer if they hadn’t broken it in the first place.

From my perspective, I couldn’t use my bank accounts for about 6 days and I was lucky that I had some money in my Revolut account that allows 2fa via their app.

Sorry for the lack of any help!

I’ve been having the same problem, and I am in Ireland.

@AdmiralHip Hi there, I replied to your other post over here I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

I have the same problem, was on the phone to three for ages and they seem to think it is very strange! From reading here it seems very common! Very annoying that I cannot use my google pay cards, revolut, paypal etc

Did you get sorted?

No,

Mine was fixed for awhile but it's broken again.

Hi all, please send me a PM with your details .> full name, number address and date of birth. I'll also need the most recent examples of any failed verification codes. It's be great if those were in the 24 hours or so. I'll need the name of the 3rd party service and the time. I'll keep an eye out for your PM's.

@Diego @muirot @AdmiralHip 

Access denied when I try and send you a PM

@muirot when you rank up to at least a lookout or scout you'll be able to send a PM.  That should be soon !

Three really put you through their paces just for you to be able to contact them about a problem they are causing you. wish I stayed with vodafone