Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Charged - But No Topup?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Charged - But No Topup?

Hi All,

Yesterday I came online to Three website to send Credit to my Wife's mobile. Her usual monthly credit is €20.00.

When I applied and sent the credit to her number I got an error. Something like "Oops something went wrong, check your balance and if your not credited you won't be charged", or something to that nature. Well my wife checked her balance, nothing, and again today 20th Sept, and nothing. You can understand my surprise earlier today to find my bank account was charged €20 to 3 network, but as of now 02:15am on 21st Sept, my wife has not received any credit. Could someone from Three please explain why this is so??

Regards. . .

13 REPLIES 13
Three_Lisa
3 Mod Retired

Hi Zuphorian

Thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like this is a pending transaction. This can happen where an online transaction fails so while the bank has reserved these funds for the top-up, we haven't received them. In this case, the funds should return to your bank within 3 - 10 working days (depending on the bank, most do this within 5 working days).

Hope this helps!

Lisa

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lisa,
I do understand that. But as of this morning that transaction has being paid from my bank account to 3. This is no longer a pending transaction "21 Sep 18 POS MIP*3IRELAND 19/09 1 €20.00". It has now gone through.

I also understand that this may be a shadow transaction, and that my account should be credited back in a couple of days if the transaction has not gone through on your end, (which as of now it hasn't). I shall wait a week to see if this is so. Thank You for replying to me so prompt.

Regards Marc
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So it's now Oct 6, and as of now there has been no refund to my bank of the amount paid to three for credit 'not received'. That was 17 days ago.

I take care each month of the credit required for my family, at one stage that was €100 per month. So as you may surmise I watch my accounts very carefully.

Therefore I would like to know what steps Three will be taking to reimburse the payment of €20.00 made to them on the 19th of September.

@Anonymous  It's unusual that the transaction hasn't reversed as it normally does if it fails to apply to the number. I've replied to your PM there. 

Add_33643
Novice

Yes, since Jan 1st, I have topped up by €20 three times = €60!! (yes, foolish - but I thought that the money had not been taken from my account - but it HAD) and still the balance is zero. Now I have to send screen shots of the money that went out of my account and was never transferred to my phone. MADDENING!! God these companies, if you owe them a penny they will torment you, but when they do something wrong they just make it worse...

Hi @Add_33643 I'd be happy to look into this for you. Please let me know what price plan you are on. If you don't know please log in to your My3 account the name will be displayed on your dashboard. If you have a look at our blog All About My3 and Prepay you'll see where to look for this. 

Are you on one of these plans 3 Prepay 15, 20 and 30? If you are these are draw-down plans. This means when you top up by €20, this is deducted from your balance to activate your plan.  Our blog All about: Prepay Plan Activation has more details on this if you want to give it a read.

appplied for only €10  top up but was charged as follows:-

mip 3 ireland top up €10

mip 3 ireland top up €1

Why?

Hi @patrick_60785 this €1 is a security step to verify the credit or debit card. The €1 will automatically revert back to your account in the next 3-5 days depending on your bank. If you see that it hasn't dropped back into your account after this please let me know.

kelly353
Novice

This happened to me. Still waiting for €20 to be refunded to my acc!!