Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Check 3 Coverage in Bray, Co Wickjlow

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check 3 Coverage in Bray, Co Wickjlow

Recently people are having difficulty contacting me on my phone. How can I check my 3 coverage. My home phone cannot even contact me.

Regard

Brendan

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

...will try again at 11am.

Okay, thanks for trying it Brendan. Have you been able to use your service anywhere else and is this happening to you everywhere you go? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using my landline to check if my iPhone will pick up calls.

My iPhone is saying I have 4G with 4 bars and it does not ring.

A few minutes ago it said I had a 3G connection and it worked fine.

It is only happening locally in Bray.

Regards

Brendan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can make calls and send and receive e-mail.

I just cannot receive any calls or send and receive any text messages.

Regards

Brendan

Okay, it sounds like you're getting stuck on 4G and when that happens calls/texts won't come through. Calls work on 2G/3G but your SIM should switch from one to the other without any problem. First thing to try here is to reset your network settings, go to Settings - General - Reset and Reset the Network settings? Then restart the phone and test. This will also delete any saved WiFi passwords though, just so you're aware.

Then can you check your settings and make sure you have roaming enabled? It's national roaming so don't worry 🙂  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have done all that and that has not made any difference. I have had to re-enter the WiFi codes etc as you mentioned but still cannot receive any calls or texts.

What next ?

Regards

Brendan

When was the last time you had a SIM replacement, Brendan? Can you try disabling 4G just to test 

1. Tap Settings.
  2. Tap Mobile Data.
  3. Make sure the "enable 4G" is switched off

Let me know if you can receive calls/texts then.  Thanks'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes - turning off 4G worked.

I have not received a SIM replacement in years.

Can you organise that ?

Regards

Brendan

Of course I can, Brendan and I'm happy to send this to you now by post. Can you come back to me when you get the replacement and let me know how you get on? Just to let you know, a few of the masts in your location have been upgraded but there are some that we will be working on in the future. Once fully complete, you'll experience better speeds and coverage in your area 🙂 Is there anything else you'd like a hand with today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's everything - thanks very much.

Regards

Brendan