cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Use Explained

Credit Use Explained

For a breakdown of your credit use, log in to your My3 account and click Recent Calls on the left to see what you have been charged for.

Have you been charged for activating your price plan?

On certain BeFree (formerly Freedom) price plans a portion of your credit will be used to activate your plan when you top up.

This portion of your credit will be taken each time you top up, even if you topped up within the last 28 days.

Click here for more

If you're on BeFree (formerly Freedom) Talk or BeFree (formerly Freedom) Internet €10 of your top up will be taken every time you top up by €20 or more in one go. 

If you’re on BeFree (formerly Freedom) International €15 of your top up will be taken every time you top-up by €25 or more in one go

If you're on BeFree (formerly Freedom) Anytime €30 of your top up will be taken every time you top up by €30 or more in one go.

Have you topped by the required amount in the last 28 days?

You can see details of your recent top ups by logging in to My3 and clicking View my top up history.

If it has been more than 28 days since your last top up any minutes, texts or data that come with your plan will no longer be active.

This means you will be charged for calls, texts or data that are usually free

Click here for more

If you're on BeFree (formerly Freedom) Talk or BeFree (formerly Freedom) Internet you will need to top up by €20 in one go every 28 days to activate your calls or Internet.

If you're on BeFree (formerly Freedom) International you will need to top up by €25 in one go every 28 days to activate your calls and International minutes.

If you're on BeFree (formerly Freedom) Anytime you will need to top up by €30 in one go every 28 days to activate your calls, texts and data.

All other Prepay price plans require you to top up by €20 in one go every 28 days to keep the free part of your plan active.

Have you recently moved plan?

If you changed price plan recently you need to wait until you have received confirmation that your plan is changed.

You must then top up by the required amount in one go to activate the free part of your plan.

If you top up before you receive confirmation that your plan has changed your top up will not activate the free part of your plan.

Did you recently use Lend Me?

Our Lend Me service lets you borrow €2 credit from us if you have less than 50c in credit.

The next time you top up the €2 you borrowed will be automatically taken from your credit.

A 25c charge for using the service will also be taken.

Do you have any recurring bundles?

If you have a text bundle or a data add on this will reapply each month and the charge will be taken from your credit.

We'll text you beforehand to let you know that the cost will be taken from your credit.

Are you being charged for data?

If you don't have an active data add on you will be charged for any data use.

Smartphones, like an Android phone or iPhone, are designed to access the Internet on a regular basis.

This means you might be charged for data even if you aren't using the phone.

Click here for information on data add ons or contact us if you'd like to have data access removed from your account.

Are you calling or texting an International number, Directory Enquiries or Premium Numbers?

Your free calls and texts don't cover these types of calls or texts.

Are you roaming?

Your free calls or texts only apply when you are in Ireland or in the EU. Click here for roaming charges.

Need more help? Contact us at three.ie/chat