Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Credit used up in minutes

SOLVED
Polifonas

Credit used up in minutes

I normally usually always top up  20euro every month for unlimited broadband  etc. and then after 28 days use credit to get bundles of 500mb to use up the credit,  but my credit just got used up for data at charge of 6.1444mb for 6euro 4 times in matter of 4 minutes, which seems it being because of not using scheduled top up to get my credit drained. Especially as it definitely wasn't happening before April, because there would always be excess amount of credit in my account, and would get message that plan is over and data turns off on its own. Any explanation how all of this got changed and why it's being done this  way would  be greatly appreciated, because  that's 60 to 100 euro gone in last 4 months including bonus top up credit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Maria267 Hi there 👋 thanks for posting. It's really easy to run up data charges when your plan has expired. Have you taken a look in My3 to see how much data was used? This is charged at €1.01 per MB.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Polifonas 

Hi there, when your plan expires and if you have no active bundle on your account, data works out at being €1.01 per MB, so 6.1444MB would come to €6.20. ( X 4 times = €24.82 )

We don't have a facility where data turns off on its own when a plan runs out, we need to receive a request from the account holder to do this and then another request to apply the data feature back onto to the account. Can you let me know if you requested this block before April? Also, had you applied the 500 MB add-on before or after your plan expired? Let me know 👍

Hi,

How did I use €27 of credit in 30 mins when I wasn't even using my phone? Yes, my plan expired at midnight and my mobile data was accidentally left on, but my phone was in my pocket the whole time. There is no way I used that much just from apps running in the background.

This is the second time it's happened.

If this isn't resolved I'm switching to Vodafone. Three don't even send texts confirming top ups or anything. Very annoying.

Hope to hear back, Maria 20200921_183455.jpg

@Maria267 Hi there 👋 thanks for posting. It's really easy to run up data charges when your plan has expired. Have you taken a look in My3 to see how much data was used? This is charged at €1.01 per MB.