Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Deezer Payment Failed

DeezerSimon
Investigator

Deezer Payment Failed

Help please.  I got a message from 51500 that I was unsubscribed by deezer.  I have had this linked to my pay as i go account for 2 + years.  I rang deezer, and they said all is ok on their side.  They requested the payment of the deezer premium on the 9th as normal and it failed.  Yet there is 19eur in my account and the money has come out automatically every month previously.

Deezer say my subscription is ok.

I did web chat but the agent did not know how to resolve.  I rang 1913 and the systmes were down.  Can someone tell me how to reinstate the deezer account to pay from my credit.  I have received no change in my terms of service as to why it might be refused.

21 REPLIES 21

My bill came out yesterday and there was no charge for Deezer on it. At least I wasn't charged for it but not telling us why is the annoying part. 

Can someone from Three please provide us with an update on this and what the status is with your talks with Deezer?

This is getting beyond ridiculous at this point. Tell Deezer that people will just switch to Spotify and they will lose customers. 

there is a bigger risk of me moving to Gomo than changing music provider which should worry Three more!

Yeah I would agree if I hadnt of heard mixed results from people on Gomo. Some love it, others I've heard have complained of the 4G speed and the fact that if you have any issue their customer support is non-existent. Might be worth a punt though. Even a €12.99 per month, I could split a Spotify with my other half and it would still be slightly cheaper than the Three and Deezer dealio...

I hadn’t heard that about gomo. That in Dublin?

Hi everyone, just popping in to let you know we haven't forgotten about this, we're currently linking in with Deezer Support and we'll let you know as soon as we have a solid update.

Hi Laur! 

I suppose we just want to know if we have to sign up again or will it be fixed? Mine comes out of my bill and i want to keep it that way. If it's not going to happen i'm going to Spotify. I spoke to Deezer already and they said I need to sign up again myself, what have they told you so far? 

Hi everyone. Thank you for your patience throughout this investigation. We have been linking in with the Deezer support team and have been made aware that unfortunately Deezer has removed the option for Three Ireland customers to pay for their subscriptions using their phone credit or phone bills. Going forward, users who wish to continue with Deezer will be required to sign up directly with Deezer and to make payments directly to them. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Well THAT is a PITA!

The ONLY reason I use Deezer is because with Three €20 per month I get free data and I keep my credit for a year.
Since everyone uses data for everything these days, it means I never spend my credit.
This was a way to pay for music sub through credit that would otherwise expire (as I top up every 28 days).

Since this is no longer an option, I am 100% going to go for Spotify. I suspect Deezer will lose their existing Three users out of this.
I understand that it is not necessarily Three's fault on this, but it would have been nice had Three and Deezer talked to each other about this in advance so users would have had notice of this and would not have been suddenly in the dark about things.

Will Three support any other music streaming service instead of Deezer going forwards?

my gut tells me that it is really not deezer making this decision....they don't care where the money comes from whether we pay for it, or it comes from our balance. I imagine it is more the case that Three don't want to pass on the credit to them. Commercially this benefits three more than deezer. Are we able to use our credit to pay for spotify?