Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Google Pixel 5 not added as a 5g device?

SOLVED
Swartzy
Investigator

Google Pixel 5 not added as a 5g device?

Hi all,

I've been moved to a 5g plan from my old one with three the other day as I bought a SIM free Google pixel 5 and am not receiving any 5g signal

Is this phone not added to your device list as of yet for 5g? All the settings seem to be correct 5g chosen as my network on the device etc but it still stays in LTE

Can this be looked at if possible? And if this device is not currently added will it be ?
37 REPLIES 37

@RunDMC No news on the Pixel 5 at the moment, it's expected soon though 😃 Are there any other devices you'd like me to check? We've mentioned in the 5G FAQs that we're working to add more 5G devices to our existing range all the time 👌

Any news on the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4A 5G? Based on the FAQ, it doesn't look like there have been any new products added since the launch, and it still appears to be limited to devices sold by Three?

R  

@RunDMC There have been others added since 5G launched which we don't stock ourselves, if there are any you'd like me to check then let me know 💪 As for the Pixels you've mentioned, no update yet, these remain a work in progress 👌

Any update on the Google Pixel 5 and 4a 5G? 

R

@RunDMC Hi there, hope you had a nice weekend. I've linked in with our Devices team and they're continuing to work with Google on these phones. They've advised to check back in a month or two for news 👌

Hi there, any update on the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G from the engineering team?

R

@RunDMC Hi there, hope you're keeping well. No news yet, I've been asked to check back in March for an update 👍

We'll be on 6g devices by the time this gets certified by the looks of if 😄

@Swartzy That's given me a good giggle 🙃 🤓 Imagine! But I doubt it. We need to have 5G completely rolled out for a few years first 😎

@RunDMC and @Swartzy @JamesQ_  we're keeping an eye on the progress of this by contacting our devices team on a regular basis.  Remember that this is a collaboration between the Google device team and our own, so it might take time. We can't make promises for when 5G will be available. But, both @LauraH and I have this noted to come back here in the middle of March with an update either way 👌 And that's a promise 💪

Here we are in February, is there any sight of the new Pixel phones being supported?