Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Google Pixel 5 not added as a 5g device?

SOLVED
Swartzy
Investigator

Google Pixel 5 not added as a 5g device?

Hi all,

I've been moved to a 5g plan from my old one with three the other day as I bought a SIM free Google pixel 5 and am not receiving any 5g signal

Is this phone not added to your device list as of yet for 5g? All the settings seem to be correct 5g chosen as my network on the device etc but it still stays in LTE

Can this be looked at if possible? And if this device is not currently added will it be ?
37 REPLIES 37

@JamesQ_ Hi there 👋 the latest on this is that we're checking back with the team in mid-March. Have a look at the previous response here 💪 We've promised to come back with news 😉 

Great news folks! An update was released on the Google Pixel 5 and 4A yesterday that will enable 5G on your devices once you have the 5G add-on on your account 🎆  Check it out and let us know how you get on 😄

@RunDMC @Swartzy @JamesQ_ @dj_jorjinho 

Thanks for the update! Now if only I could log on to my.three.ie and add the add-on. It tells me to reset the password everytime.

R

@RunDMC What happens when you reset the password? Try clearing your cache and then logging in again. If that doesn't work pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth 👍

Thanks, I've got Shauna looking at it.

Thanks a mil! I'll give it a try after the update.

Thanks for the update but I believe I already should have the 5g add on my account (I requested it months ago and an agent said they activated it then ) and I've got the pixel update but I'm still on LTE ? Any ideas

@Swartzy Can you see the add-on in your My3 account? Also, are you in an area with 5G coverage? Let us know👍 

Yea definitely in a 5g area. Where do I see this in my account? I just rang someone months ago and they said they activated 5g on my three account

Thanks

I've rebooted the device after the update, I have the 5G add-on activated and I am in a 5G coverage are, but still no 5G connection.

R