Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

How can I get an old phone number back?

QQ

How can I get an old phone number back?

Is there a way for me to get my old phone number from a few years ago back or at least see if its already been recycled?
11 REPLIES 11
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@QQ Hi there, I can check if the number has been recycled for you! Pop me a PM with the details to get the ball rolling 👌

Hi there @Add_63922 as you can see I have deleted your post as it contained personal information.

Are you looking for help/information on a deactivated number?

Hi Laura, could I check with you if one of the numbers on my profile has been recycled? It’s my husbands number and would like to get it back. 

Hi @Martina_02117 I'd be happy to help with this. Please PM me your name, number (your husband's number), full address and date of birth and I'll pull the account and check on the number for you.

Hi Stacy

Thanks for helping with this.

My own name is Martina and my own number is 086 xxxxxxx, account is 29xxxxxxx

Daniel is my husband, his number that he wants to retrieve is 087 xxxxxxx.

Many thanks
Martina

Hi @Martina_02117 thanks for sharing the details as you can see I have edited your post as we don't like to have personal details posted publically here on 3Community. 

But I did manage to have a look for the number you gave and I can see that the number is no longer active and can not be reactivated.

Hi Stacey
My query was not if the number was still active, but if it was yet recycled? I have been in contact with Comreg and they have advised numbers should be retained by service provider for 12 months. 
Will I give you the Comreg case number?
Thanks

@Martina_02117 The number is currently being recycled. This process starts 90 days after a number is cancelled, and once the recycle process starts a number can no longer be reactivated.

I will log an official complaint with your customer service via email, as instructed to by Comreg. I have been advised that numbers are to be retained for 12 months before being recycled. Failing satisfactory resolution by Three, this complaint will be passed to Comreg to resolve.