3Community Menu

Iphone can't make or receive calls

luca1
Investigator

Iphone can't make or receive calls

My iphone can't make or receive calls

The same sim works on another phone

A different sim works on the iphone

Only my 3 sim and this iphone won't work.
I requested a sim replacement that I tried to activate yesterday (and managed to do it today at the shop).

I chatted with support for several hours today and I couldn't solve the issue.

I tried everything, even restoring the phone (inserting the sim again, manually selecting the network etc).

If the issue won't be solved by tomorrow morning I'll switch operator. I work with this number and I've been blocked for too long

6 REPLIES 6
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@luca1 , good morning and thanks for going through all the troubleshooting steps you mentioned above. I'm sorry to hear that you can't make/receive calls on your iPhone and that you'll switch network 😞

Can you tell me what our colleagues in the shop and web messaging advised you to do as your next steps? Out of curiosity, when and where did you get your iPhone? 

The chat support told me to remove/reinsert the sim card (many many times), reboot the phone, reset network settings, manually select the network operators (I tried all of them). They check my coverage (I live in Dublin 2).
They said they reset the network for my sim (or something like that) and that should have solved the issue after 30 mins, that obviously didn't work.
I even completely restored the phone.
I am not sure what they did at the shop, they did something and at some point internet was working for a brief moment (I thought they solved the issue) but then I realized that I couldn't make or receive calls but I didn't have time to go back because of work. Now when I manually select the operator internet works for a brief moment (1 min or so) and then it stops working. They also registered my details as they were wrong (for example the birth date was completely wrong)

The sim works with other phones and other operators works on this phone. So my guess is that the phone is somehow banned from your network.

I bought the phone directly from apple (iphone 12 pro) back in september.
I didn't have any issue until I had to request a replacement sim because I lost it

@luca1 Ah, it sounds like your phone was blacklisted when you requested the SIM replacement. Pop me a PM with your phone number, IMEI, full name, address and date of birth and we'll go from there 

I can't send you a PM as I get this error
Access Denied
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

@luca1 Can you clear your cookies and try again for me? You're set up to be able to PM 👍

pm sent