Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Issues with Coverage in Japan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues with Coverage in Japan

Hi,
I am currently travelling in Japan for the next 3 weeks, and have been unable to get any service from Three. I checked the Three website and they supposedly have phone coverage in Japan, but none has been forthcoming.
Aside from phone service being pretty handy when travelling, I also need it in order to receive verification texts for online purchases/topping up a revolut card.

Can anyone advise how to solve this issue?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Three_Orla
3 Mod Retired

Hi @Anonymous What network are you currently connecting to? Can you ensure you're connecting to SoftBank Corp. as they're our roaming partner in Japan 👍 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Three_Orla, when the phone tries to automatically connect to a carrier it comes up with “No Service”. I then tried manually connecting to SoftBank but it still isn’t connecting unfortunately.

Thanks @Anonymous Can you also ensure your data roaming is activated in the settings on your phone.  Also to note 4G roaming is not available in Japan so can you manually connect to 3G. Let me know how you get on with this 😊 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Three_Orla, I activated data roaming and set it manually to 3G but still no luck unfortunately.

I'd like to look into this further for you @Anonymous Can you send a private message with your mobile number, name, address, date of birth and we'll get this investigated?