Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Major issue with my three (app and desktop)

SOLVED
djeire84
Investigator

Major issue with my three (app and desktop)

I'm not a happy customer at all. I've been with you only two months and already I've an issue. I cannot top-up when I log into my three which means I cannot schedule topups. The only way I can top up is instant top-up. I have an issue raised with the technical support team and they have yet to get back to me. It feels like there is a block on topups directly from my three. I also have a 5G booster too (25 days booster).

I was sick of waiting for the update so I used an instant top-up. I paid €25 and the whole amount is gone (which is normal) but when I went into my services and plan information all it shows is the Top-up 20 and no 5G booster was added even though the full €25 was taken. I tried adding the booster and cannot find it. What the hell is going on? Getting sick of it now. I was with Virgin mobile for over 4 years and had no issue and it was a bill pay. I just moved here because I got the Sony Xperia 10 III and it's got 5G and as Virgin mobile doesn't have 5G yet I moved over here. Also you're the only ones who offer 5G on prepay. I'm so unhappy I'm thinking of going bill pay with Vodafone because this is insanity.

Can't top up from my three
Can't schedule topups from my three.
5G booster is missing even though the full €25 was taken.

What's going on?
28 REPLIES 28

When I tap the pink top-up button I instantly get the following message:
"Oops..
We’re currently experiencing some unexpected problems
Please come back to the site a bit later on or visit Help and Support for assistance."

Been seeing that for the last two months. I'm unable to save a card due to being unable to get to the screen where I input the details.

@djeire84 something has come to mind about this. You've just said you were with us before, so were you using the same email and number? 

If so, it might be a case that your old profile wasn't completely de-registered and that is why you are getting that error. By any chance , do you have the investigation reference number from Customer Service? If not, no worries, I'll be able to reach out to them to get this, but it might take 24 hours. 

Yes I was using the same email and number. I've PM'd you with my reference number.

Just a thought - I often see that same 'Oops....' message on theThree website just after hitting a link, though usually only brieflly.  It might be connected with my internet being slow by today's standards, so I just wondered if maybe your connection is similar.  (Though I do hope not, or at least not once your booster etc has been sorted out!).

I can't remember what speeds mine reaches; it does what I want from it, and is fine for YouTube video clips and audio streaming, but it's not up to streaming video for instance.

The Oops message is one of a sequence of pages I often see briefly on the way to a link destination at Three.  I don't know why that happens, but it's as if each of those pages has a timeout; sometimes it sticks at the Oops page, and sometimes it seems to reach the destination instantly.  My internet signal also fluctuates quite a lot, which seems to point to it.  (And maybe it would explain being one of the apparently random customers who had problems trying to re-register last year at the new version of Three's website).

I've 250mbps fibre broadband from Virgin Media I've also tested the app on Sky Broadband and I get the same. I've even turned off WiFi then turned off mobile data and still the same issue remains. I'd love if it was the internet but alas it's not unfortunately.

I was thinking it would be worse if it was the internet!  But then I'm used to being in a marginal location where the only signal available can change to a different provider a short walk away (and people sometimes get caught out by ordering a service without testing it from their exact location, especially if moving house).

I wouldn't give up on Three just yet (even without Covid, it can take a while to work though things that involve different sections e.g. the engineers/tech team). 

It doesn't matter what mobile provider I have because I have fibre power broadband. But thanks for the tips.

@djeire84, just looping in with you before the bank holiday weekend. We believe you are getting this error when you try the scheduled top-up because your details from being with us before are conflicting with your new account. I'm working with the relevant teams to confirm this. If it is what we think it is, then we might have to de-register your details either on My3 or with our Top-Up vender Mi-Pay. I'll keep you updated.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Ok thanks so much. I don't mind what I need to do I just want the issue resolved. Thanks Deborah have a great weekend ❣️

Hi @djeire84, Just wanted to let you know I'm keeping an eye on this here for you. Our team are continuing to check this out and once I have an update I'll pop back here or in PM.