Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

No support from Three

Anonymous
Not applicable

No support from Three

I purchased a 4G Three mobile broadband package recently. I asked in the shop if I could get a static IP address, the guy said "Yes, just ring Three and they will set it up for you" 

So I broght my modem and set it up. I rang Three regarding the static IP address only to be told that it could not be done on 4G broadband. 

I then came in here and saw loads of posts where Three had similar enquiries and had managed to set up a static IP whenever requested to do so.

So I asked the question in private chat.

"Hi Rachel, is it possible to set up a static IP address for one of your bill pay mobile broadband SIM cards. I rang customer service yesterday and they said no, but it says yes all over the community posts? 

"Hi @Anonymous, absolutely. Can I get your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth please? " 

Then I replied.

Can you please set up a static IP on the number below. I'm also trying to open ports on my router, not having much luck. Is this something that has to be doen at your end? I have set up virtual servers for the ports I need to open. 

Then she said.

Cheers Johnboy, I've activated this to your account now. This will be fully activated within 24 hours, can you reboot your modem then and you'll be good to go. 

This started on Friday last. I checked the IP address on my router today and then rebooted. The address changed!!!!!!

I have heard nothing since from Three with regard to opening the ports on the router. According to them the IP is now static. But its not!!!!!

Then yesterday I asked why is there such a delay in coming back to me???? The reply I received is what you would come to expect from BIG companies with DREADFUL customer service.

Hi John, sorry for the delay. Modems have a dynamic IP as you know. A static IP address if for fixed line. I'm following up to see if we can do anything else for you. Is it for use in cameras? 

I'm right back to the start. I wonder if ANYONE knows if it is possible to get a static IP address set up on a Three 4G broadband account, and if so HOW do you get it set up???????

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Johnboy,

We are doing our utmost to try and facilitate this for you. I can see you are speaking with one of our Moderators Aoife to try and get this resolved. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not rocket science, either you can provide a static IP address on a Three Mobile broadband connection , or you can't. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Johnboy,

We are doing our utmost to try and facilitate this for you. I can see you are speaking with one of our Moderators Aoife to try and get this resolved. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your moderator Aoife told me this was already set up! But it is not. 

Hi Johnboy, I can see we're speaking in PM on this and I'm doing all I can to help you there. I've just sent you another message if you can get back to me and I'll forward it on to our tech team? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aoife,

I have already told you that I am using it for CCTV remote access. 

I have already told you that I require a static IP address.

I have already told you the ports that I need open.

Forget about it, I'll find another soloution. 

@Three_Aoife_C wrote:

Thanks *****. I've added another feature which will allow some ports to be opened. Can you tell me exactly what you're looking for and I'll liaise with our technical team to help with this? 

@Anonymous I've replied to your PM. Can you check this to make sure you have Open.Internet.Public for your APN. I linked in with the tech team as the ports should be open using that APN. I'll come back to you directly when the investigation is complete. I'll do my best to get this sorted for you, John Smiley Happy

*Edited the APN to include .Public 

Full APN Open.Internet.Public